Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 02-01-2018, 03:01 PM   #1
Kromm
GURPS Line Editor

Default Dungeon Fantasy Traps

Dungeons will kill ya'
If it isn't the monsters
It'll be the traps
— Puddin' Noddington, master locksmith
The essential dungeon crawl features three things: monsters, treasures, and traps. The Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game comes with an entire book of monsters (cleverly titled Monsters) and a whole chapter on treasures (in Exploits), but a mere page of traps. Dungeon Fantasy Traps remedies this situation.

Traps offers more than 40 bona fide traps (many with variations), including straightforward pits and snap-traps, gadgetry that drops and shoots things, dangerous architecture, toxic hazards, and magical menaces. It also has a whole chapter of tricks – gimmicks and surprises that demand more effort than, "I roll against Traps." The ready-to-use examples come with plenty of advice on traps in general, such as how dungeon denizens get around these perils, what powers the moving parts, how to strike a balance between character and player skill, and what to do when adventurers try to barge through with brute force.

With all this great stuff, monsters might be the least of the delvers' worries . . . and the thief may actually have to work to earn a share!

Important Note: Traps was a stretch-goal item during the Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game Kickstarter campaign, so if you were a backer – or bought the Dungeon Fantasy Companion, which includes this content – you don't need to buy it again. Tricks and traps are cool in the game, but we prefer to be up-front about what we're selling!

Store Link: http://www.warehouse23.com/products/SJG37-8101
Kromm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 10:56 AM   #2
thulben

Default Re: Dungeon Fantasy Traps

While I was a backer of the Kickstarter campaign, I'm glad to see that these volumes are coming out as individually purchasable!
thulben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 06:42 PM   #3
LoneWolf23k

I was a backer. Am I going to receive a download link via email? Or should I have gotten it already?
LoneWolf23k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 06:45 PM   #4
Refplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf23k View Post
I was a backer. Am I going to receive a download link via email? Or should I have gotten it already?
I got it as part of the Companion. I was an "I want it All" level backer and have not, nor do I expect to get it as an individual download.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 06:47 PM   #5
LoneWolf23k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
I got it as part of the Companion. I was an "I want it All" level backer and have not, nor do I expect to get it as an individual download.
Ah, okay. I'll just get it seperately then.
LoneWolf23k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 06:53 PM   #6
Refplace

Quote:
Ah, okay. I'll just get it seperately then.
Please note I'm not a staffer. So that is my personal expectations, not insider knowledge.
But for staff to answer they might need to know your backer level. Of course If Im right it wont matter.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 07:07 PM   #7
Colarmel

Quote:
All backers should have it on their E23 account.
Colarmel is offline   Reply With Quote