Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 09-12-2017, 01:55 PM   #1
corwyn

Default Flame Lord missing?

This bugged me when I first noticed it and forgot about it until I read Kromm's designer's notes where he mentioned it contains everything from DF 1 and 2 and DF monsters 1.

Obviously not literal but the Flame Lord is the only monster which is not in Monsters. Is it somewhere else? Is it subsumed into Fire Elementals? There is a bunch of overlap but it's not really an elemental because it's partially physical.

It seems quite odd that they would intentionally leave out exactly one monster from a book.

Playing: GURPS Nordlond Dragons of Hosgarth
Running Savage Worlds Tour of Darkness (Vietnam + Mythos)
corwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 02:04 PM   #2
Rasputin

Default Re: Flame Lord missing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by corwyn View Post
Obviously not literal but the Flame Lord is the only monster which is not in Monsters. Is it somewhere else? Is it subsumed into Fire Elementals? There is a bunch of overlap but it's not really an elemental because it's partially physical.
I was puzzled as to why I didn't see it either. I figured it was because a big draw of it was that it was also statted as an Ally, and there were no Elementalists in the DFRPG.

My GURPS blog.
Rasputin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 10:21 AM   #3
shadedmagus

I was thinking that this monster might be in the Adventure book that was written for DF - Mirror of the Fire Demon. But I was mistaken, that creature is listed as a Flame Servant Demon.
shadedmagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 11:22 AM   #4
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadedmagus View Post
I was thinking that this monster might be in the Adventure book that was written for DF - Mirror of the Fire Demon. But I was mistaken, that creature is listed as a Flame Servant Demon.
It is from DFM1.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote