Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 09-19-2006, 10:35 PM   #1
mini-munchkin

Default Leech Bomb and Wandering Monster

I had a question about the leech bomb so i found a thread in the forum that covered my question. however reading the thread brought up a new question.

it appears that the leech bomb is a great way to win the game. if i'm at lvl 9 and fight a monster and immediately play leech bomb it counts as a kill. this was our initial question today: whether or not there is anything that can be done to prevent someone from just eliminating the monster and winning. it appears that playing leech bomb does eliminate the monster. but in the other thread it says that people can still play wandering monster after leech bomb eliminates the monster. i was just wondering how this is. i thought that a wandering monster has to be played to add a monster to one who a character is already fighting. but if the monster has already been destroyed then how can wandering monster add a monster to the combat if there is not monster there?

this brings up the question of whether it is legal for a player to use wandering monster to a fight when the other monster he was fighting is gone due to polymorph, out to lunch, and cards like that. i was under the impression that it was not legal because the combat is over once the monster is eliminated. can anyone help out here, this has become very confusing to me.
Old 09-20-2006, 07:33 AM   #2
MunchkinMan

Default Re: Leech Bomb and Wandering Monster

The Monster may be gone instantaneously, but the "2.6 second" rule still applies. You must give people a reasonable chance to prevent you from getting out of combat with a positive outcome.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 07:38 AM   #3
Gawain

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini-munchkin
I had a question about the leech bomb so i found a thread in the forum that covered my question. however reading the thread brought up a new question.

it appears that the leech bomb is a great way to win the game. if i'm at lvl 9 and fight a monster and immediately play leech bomb it counts as a kill. this was our initial question today: whether or not there is anything that can be done to prevent someone from just eliminating the monster and winning. it appears that playing leech bomb does eliminate the monster. but in the other thread it says that people can still play wandering monster after leech bomb eliminates the monster. i was just wondering how this is. i thought that a wandering monster has to be played to add a monster to one who a character is already fighting. but if the monster has already been destroyed then how can wandering monster add a monster to the combat if there is not monster there?
Wandering Monster brings another monster to the COMBAT, not to the monster. You're perhaps confusing it with Mate/Clone? They have to be played on another monster to copy it, but a Wandering Monster can be played as long as a combat is on, no matter if there's 15, 1 or no monsters currently there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mini-munchkin
this brings up the question of whether it is legal for a player to use wandering monster to a fight when the other monster he was fighting is gone due to polymorph, out to lunch, and cards like that. i was under the impression that it was not legal because the combat is over once the monster is eliminated. can anyone help out here, this has become very confusing to me.
The combat is NOT over just because there is no monster there. This is also answered several times in the forum. The other players still have "2.6 seconds" to react to whatever card you play against the monsters, and thus have ample opportunity to wander in some more monsters, curse you down a level, use Time Warp on your Leech Bomb, etc.
Old 09-20-2006, 10:10 AM   #4
mini-munchkin

ok thanks guys. i really thought I had read on the forum that a combat ends when the monster is gone, but either I read it wrong or maybe it was someone's opinion that was incorrect. either way, i think i understand it all now. Thanks.
Old 09-25-2006, 05:46 AM   #5
thelord23

u can always time warp the "leech bomb".. this is a lot more useful than the wandering monster card... or of course apply a curse that takes a level..

i figured that if u have time warp mind control gas and leech bomb u are quite impossible 2 beat.

if u got yourself a trader u are even harder because u take back all the above cards right after use.. (only when u use 1 of them in a combat)
thelord23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 07:15 PM   #6
Jakelong90

We had a situation a lot like this and the argument was that once leech bomb is played the monster it was played on was now instantly killed. We tried to play a wandering monster in the combat after leech bomb was played but they argued that the leech bomb card says "if the monster has companions then the munchkins flee" but if the monster did not have companions at the time leech bomb was played, are the recently added monsters still considered companions?
Jakelong90 is offline   Reply With Quote