Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 10-23-2017, 05:27 PM   #1
Highland_Piper

Default Free Battle Tiles

The Hexagon Battle Tiles are an on/off project since 2009. To see their evolution read my blog and use the tag Geomorph, Geomorphs and that should bring up the majority of them.

I just uploaded 150+ 7 inch Battle Tiles which I designed specifically for Dungeon Fantasy. 1 inch hex grid are on all the tiles. Some of the pdf's have door counters so you can place the doors where you want. The Door Counters are double sided with the door on one side and description on the back. These are FORM FILLABLE so when you look at them they are blank but you can add what you want for the DR and HP yourself and there is room for more descriptions such as if the door is Trapped/Locked and enough room for any Skill Level penalties. It appears I have forgotten to make some of them form fillable, I will be updating them soon.

Currently only have 6' wide corridors (2 hex) however 1 hex and 3 hex will be coming sometime. These are mostly clean generic tiles and more will be coming and in different styles, again read the blog if you are interested in what I have planned for these. Caves and wilderness tiles are being planned as well. I use miniatures in all my games so battle mats/tiles are handy.

If you have any suggestions please feel free to let me know, if there is some kind of custom tile you would like then speak up and I'd be happy to do them when I have the time. My previous Dungeon Fantasy campaign (before DFRPG) was based all underground in an endless dungeon world which is why I started these.

A pdf of just Stair tiles will be added soon as well.

Find the HERE

I recommend printing them on mat photo paper and using a low water content glue like UHU. PVC or Elmers White glue is high in water content and will cause warping. Mount them on 1-2mm greyboard or poster board. 5mm foam board would work as well.
GURPS Mega Dungeons DFRPG Facebook Page
Highland_Piper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 05:30 PM   #2
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Default Re: Free Battle Tiles

I have been trying to do outdoors ones but I get these weird artifacts involving the stream edges in CC3.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 05:52 PM   #3
Highland_Piper

I'd be interested in what layers and effects you are using. I use multiple layers of water, each with transparency. Then I do the same for the dirt under the river. On the edges of the hex I have a guide that I can turn on and off so i can make sure to join them at the exact spot so they line up.

I use smooth poly for the rivers and not fractals.
Old 10-24-2017, 06:48 AM   #4
heruca

Great job getting these done.

Any chance of getting the masks that define the walls/rock/floor areas? I'd love to be able to throw in any texture to have an all-new tileset.

I know that posting PNGs of all these tiles would result in a HUGE file, but if it were just the 8-bit masks, that might be more manageable.

Battlegrounds: RPG Edition is virtual tabletop software that allows you to play any RPG online or offline. It's very easy to use and feature-rich.
heruca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 07:46 AM   #5
mljluk

Thanks for these, can never have enough geomorphs or floorplans, and hex gridded ones are scarce.
Old 10-24-2017, 10:35 AM   #6
Highland_Piper

Quote:
Originally Posted by heruca View Post

Any chance of getting the masks that define the walls/rock/floor areas? I'd love to be able to throw in any texture to have an all-new tileset.

I know that posting PNGs of all these tiles would result in a HUGE file, but if it were just the 8-bit masks, that might be more manageable.
I could post the main .FCW file for Campaign Cartographer, but I'm not using Illustrator to make these, only to correct the scale and save as a pdf.
Old 10-24-2017, 10:37 AM   #7
Highland_Piper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mljluk View Post
Thanks for these, can never have enough geomorphs or floorplans, and hex gridded ones are scarce.

It's the main reason I started the project. If you use them please share pictures!
Old 10-24-2017, 11:05 AM   #8
Dragondog
Never Been Pretty

Great job!

Having the .FCW file would be awesome.
Old 10-24-2017, 11:07 AM   #9
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by heruca View Post

It's been a while since I worked on them. I am trying to get back to CC3 for other projects so maybe I will take a look at these and see why they aren't working.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 09:09 AM   #10
heruca

OK, thanks for the info, Piper.

If nothing else, your tile set can serve as a guide/roadmap for me in creating a set of generic masks in Photoshop.

Battlegrounds: RPG Edition is virtual tabletop software that allows you to play any RPG online or offline. It's very easy to use and feature-rich.
heruca is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dungeon, hex crawling, maps