Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Other Munchkin Games

Old 08-06-2012, 10:19 PM   #1
Clipper

Default Sun Room

The Sun Room says to treat it like the Entrance during the Monster Turn. However, it has a key difference that its links might not be Open Passageways, so that leads to some complications.

If you had the following dungeon setup in a line:

Room A - Open Passageway - Sun Room - Wall - Room B

and a monster in Room A was due to follow an arrow to the right, would it end up in Room B, magically teleporting through the wall or stop its movement in Room A?

The rules for Monsters and the Entrance on p13 say the monster goes through the Room and out the opposite side, but it's unclear whether Room B is the opposite side or not due to the Wall in the way.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:55 AM   #2
Brf

Default Re: Sun Room

Well.... the entrance rules say:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rules
Any monster that moves into the Entrance must immediately
leave again by the opposite door. If the opposite door doesn’t lead into
an explored room, the monster can’t move into the Entrance at all.
So I would interpret it that if there is no "opposite door" at all in the Sun Room, that the monster could not enter the Sun Room at all either.
Brf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:20 PM   #3
Clipper

Default Re: Sun Room

It's interesting that the front page instructions mention 'doors' and the p13 version of the same instructions uses 'sides', especially when the Entrance doesn't have doors.

Also, using the front page quote doesn't solve the problem if we replace the Wall in my example with a Locked Door instead. Taking it as written, the monster would go through that door to Room B, but I strongly doubt that's the intent if it is meant to not even enter the room if it was a wall.

So yeah, I can still see either option as being valid interpretations. I'm leaning to the stopping in Room A if it can't use the link on the opposite side idea, though.