Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Other Munchkin Games

Old 11-08-2010, 08:00 AM   #11
ComBAT

Default Re: Optional Rule: Alternate Uses For Move

The monster's turn could make using your own move a tad pointless, however if you could spend your own move at anytime to accomplish this, it will cause a lot of fights based on the timing of choosing when you are moving monsters around vs what that player is trying to accomplish on his own turn.
There are already curse cards out there that allow you to do this anyway, so I'd probably prefer to stick with using your own turn to move monsters with your own move.
ComBAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 09:39 AM   #12
crimhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComBAT View Post
however if you could spend your own move at anytime to accomplish this, it will cause a lot of fights based on the timing of choosing when you are moving monsters around vs what that player is trying to accomplish on his own turn...

...There are already curse cards out there that allow you to do this anyway
Indeed there are curses that do this sort of thing. The mechanic exists in the game already, so it shouldn't cause any fights. Just follow the timing conflict rules the same as you would for a curse or any other play-anytime effect.

Have you tried the proposed rules? If so, how did you like them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComBAT View Post
The monster's turn could make using your own move a tad pointless
We used this ability on our own turns mostly to move monsters out of our way (or out of a combat), but sometimes closer if we wanted to fight them.

Last edited by crimhead; 11-08-2010 at 09:45 AM.
crimhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 11:53 AM   #13
ComBAT

I wish I had a chance to play using the optional rules, but because the game can take a long time, I haven't had a chance to try it for the 2nd time yet.

The optional uses of move sounds like it would speed the game up though and I'm pretty sure my group will like them if we try them.
ComBAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 05:32 PM   #14
stopyelling

- when you spend a Move to move a monster a different room, and the only room next to it is the Entrance, can he go threw the Entrance to the room across from the original?
stopyelling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 07:44 PM   #15
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopyelling View Post
- when you spend a Move to move a monster a different room, and the only room next to it is the Entrance, can he go threw the Entrance to the room across from the original?
He MUST go through the Entrance to the other side. If there's no room on the other side, the monster can't be moved.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 07:41 AM   #16
stopyelling

I played with your optional rules yesterday and we played for FIVE HOURS with only two players.

Two confusing things.

One was the difference between sneaking out of the room at the start of your turn and moving a monster.

Can I opt to move a monster away from me when I start in a room with him? Probably not since I am in battle right? If so, can I sneak threw a locked/hidden room at no foot cost? No right? It will cost me the same just an EXTRA foot I believe. .. right?

Two was the conversion to extra die. The boss battle was a joke. When we finally reached level 10, we just stopped one room from the Entrance. Start of our next turn we used one Move into the Entrance and then spent all of the remaining Moves (my friend had 4 moves, so 3 extra die) and just destroyed the boss. I wanted to say no Move to Dice for the boss battle. Hard to say.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:44 AM   #17
stopyelling

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopyelling View Post
I played with your optional rules yesterday and we played for FIVE HOURS with only two players.

Two confusing things.

One was the difference between sneaking out of the room at the start of your turn and moving a monster.

Can I opt to move a monster away from me when I start in a room with him? Probably not since I am in battle right? If so, can I sneak threw a locked/hidden room at no foot cost? No right? It will cost me the same just an EXTRA foot I believe. .. right?

Two was the conversion to extra die. The boss battle was a joke. When we finally reached level 10, we just stopped one room from the Entrance. Start of our next turn we used one Move into the Entrance and then spent all of the remaining Moves (my friend had 4 moves, so 3 extra die) and just destroyed the boss. I wanted to say no Move to Dice for the boss battle. Hard to say.

I was able to figure out that once you are in battle, you can't move monsters around. Period.

And when you start your turn in battle, you can use the move to get out of the room PLUS the move to sneak out quietly.

Also I decided to not allow the use of extra die during the boss battle.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:45 AM   #18
stopyelling

By the way- playing with these rules adds about 1-1.5hrs to play time. Every game we've played so far has been about 5 hours with these rules.

Next weekend we are playing again but now we will have House Moves. You start with two moves plus a third that can ONLY be used for the above house rules. This should encourage people to add dice or move monsters more on their turn.