Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 01-19-2016, 07:26 AM   #11
weby

Default Re: Over Powered Templates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nereidalbel View Post
Yep, had to double check that they don't have Doesn't Sleep. The best they can do is take 8 half-hour naps to get their 4 hours in.
That half an hour nap seems to cost them 39 hitpoints and while they do have enough regeneration to overcome it I am not sure you can sleep when you take that much damage, it is bound to hurt..
Old 01-19-2016, 07:34 AM   #12
Nereidalbel

Quote:
Originally Posted by weby View Post
That half an hour nap seems to cost them 39 hitpoints and while they do have enough regeneration to overcome it I am not sure you can sleep when you take that much damage, it is bound to hurt..
No, they need their magical boosters every 60 minutes. A 30 minute nap just after their booster is safe.
Nereidalbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 09:11 AM   #13
ReyAlps

Fixed.

Upgraded the less sleep to doesn't sleep and removed both weirdness magnet, at the expense of danger sense, temporal inertia and 5 Fatigue points.

I was thinking about calling them "Vampires" since they do not drain blood per se but only briefly drain attributes. Sounds like a compassionate demon draining the sweat from the soul.
ReyAlps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 10:53 AM   #14
chimchim

Four levels of fit is that a house rule?
Old 01-19-2016, 11:45 AM   #15
ReyAlps

It is also from GURPS 3rd ed, "Myth". The separate Mana reservoir is also from there.
ReyAlps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 11:52 AM   #16
chimchim

Lol no offence but trying to shoe horn 3rd ed into 4th runs into issues to put it mildly. The 4th ed way is energy reserve and regeneration er only.
Old 01-19-2016, 01:39 PM   #17
GodBeastX

Quote:
Dependency: Telepatic Comunion (-120)(Must be personally made(30ptos),horariamente x4 )(Dano1HP/10minsem)
Dependency: Magic Vampirism : Emotions (-120)(Must be personally made(30ptos),horariamente x4 )(Dano1HP/10minsem)
Dependency: Magic Vampirism : FDs (-120)(Must be personally made(30ptos),horariamente x4 )(Dano1HP/10minsem)
Dependency: Magic Vampirism : HPs (-120)(Must be personally made(30ptos),horariamente x4 )(Dano1HP/10minsem)
Dependency: Magic Vampirism : ST (-090)(Must be personally made(30ptos),Diariamente x3 )(Dano1HP/10minsem)
Dependency: Magic Vampirism : DX (-090)(Must be personally made(30ptos),Diariamente x3 )(Dano1HP/10minsem)
Dependency: Magic Vampirism : IQ (-090)(Must be personally made(30ptos),Diariamente x3 )(Dano1HP/10minsem)
Dependency: Magic Vampirism : HT (-090)(Must be personally made(30ptos),Diariamente x3 )(Dano1HP/10minsem)
Dependency: Magic Vampirism : Magical Aptitude (-060)(Must be personally made(30ptos),Semanalmente x2)(Dano1HP/10minsem)
This makes little sense to me. And if I'm reading it right (WHICH IS ADMITTEDLY HARD) I think that you are saying they are dependant on stats? Which I don't feel fits dependency at all? And even if you found a way for stats to be a dependency, how do you imbibe them? O_O
Old 01-19-2016, 01:42 PM   #18
Nereidalbel

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodBeastX View Post
This makes little sense to me. And if I'm reading it right (WHICH IS ADMITTEDLY HARD) I think that you are saying they are dependant on stats? Which I don't feel fits dependency at all? And even if you found a way for stats to be a dependency, how do you imbibe them? O_O
Linking many instances of Leech with Steal [Attribute]
Nereidalbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 01:51 PM   #19
David Johnston2

I don't care about the power level. You can't simultaneously get "Odious Habit: Vampirism" and "Mortal Secret: Vampirism"
David Johnston2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 02:04 PM   #20
cvannrederode

IQ + 10 and Magical Aptitude +10

So they learn spells at IQ 30?

How is this not game breaking? Even for a four-color supers campaign, this is absurd; it breaks the 3d6 mechanic that skills (and spells) rely on.
cvannrederode is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
templates