Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 08-07-2011, 11:07 PM   #11
tigersteed13

Default Re: Do I need Go Up a Level?

I bought GUAL and after taking out all the misprinted ones from my deck and then I add all the regualer fantasy cards to my deck :)
tigersteed13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:47 AM   #12
LxTrix

I know the biggest misprints are the old wizards and some messed up curses that are treasures.

Besides those are there any big ones this replaces? I dont just mean rewording or making cards simpler.
LxTrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:25 AM   #13
bonetm

The Races. Halfing and Gnomes don't have -1 to Run Away anymore, and the Gnome power is completely different.
MiB: #1602
bonetm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:49 AM   #14
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

It's not really accurate to call the older cards "misprints." We changed some cards, but that was not because the older cards were errors but because we decided to tweak them. Anyone who is still playing with the older sets should not feel that they have cards with errors, because that wasn't the reason for the change.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:21 AM   #15
RL

There were a -lot- of cards changed in Go Up a Level, some of them significantly. Especially in the fantasy sets. I recommend purchasing it if you have the older fantasy sets.

-- Chad
Old 08-09-2011, 09:41 AM   #16
Mister Ed

Of course in my case, the only set I have old enough to need replacements is the core Fantasy set, so I held out for Munchkin Deluxe, and I'm just going to replace the whole thing with updated, color cards with extra goodies besides. :-)
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:53 AM   #17
MunchkinMan

If I were to replace the updated cards from my oldest sets (which I've retired and have up in my "display case"), I'd need a special version of GUAL with cards that have only one color scheme. :-)

Of course, since those were purchased back in the days when I ran tourneys more frequently, I'd need 6 copies. . .

Now that I say that, I now think I might have too much Munchkin product sitting in my house. . .
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:18 AM   #18
Mister Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchkinMan View Post
If I were to replace the updated cards from my oldest sets (which I've retired and have up in my "display case"), I'd need a special version of GUAL with cards that have only one color scheme. :-)
It is funny you should say that, because when I first heard of GUAL, I only had my old core Fantasy set, and I was put off by that very aspect.

Then I started buying expansions and realized that EVERYTHING was color these days. (And also realized that my need for GUAL was minimal, anyway, given that all the expansions I was buying were already updated...)

In a way, I was a little sad about that. Something about the old color-scheme just seemed appropriate to me, and given a choice I might well have chosen to keep my Fantasy cards, at least, that color. But I don't want to be one to stand in the way of progress, and NOT getting the expansions was not really an option, so full-color it is!
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:53 AM   #19
natesroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
It is funny you should say that, because when I first heard of GUAL, I only had my old core Fantasy set, and I was put off by that very aspect.

Then I started buying expansions and realized that EVERYTHING was color these days. (And also realized that my need for GUAL was minimal, anyway, given that all the expansions I was buying were already updated...)

In a way, I was a little sad about that. Something about the old color-scheme just seemed appropriate to me, and given a choice I might well have chosen to keep my Fantasy cards, at least, that color. But I don't want to be one to stand in the way of progress, and NOT getting the expansions was not really an option, so full-color it is!
I have ended up with 3 fantasy sets... one really really old, One color, and one target set.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:30 PM   #20
Trsevener

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchkinMan View Post
Now that I say that, I now think I might have too much Munchkin product sitting in my house. . .
Blasphemy!

Indiana MIB available for demos and tournaments. Please check out my Facebook page to see what I am up to.
Trsevener is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
de-ranged, go up a level, reprint