Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 04-28-2012, 08:04 AM   #31
Flyndaran
Untagged

Default Re: Eating People

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
It's Constriction Attack, if you want to be anal about it. The enhancement is on Powers, page 45.
Please don't say constriction attack with the word anal in the same sentence. It gives a very unpleasant image. ;)
Old 04-28-2012, 12:05 PM   #32
Finalsora811

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
It's Constriction Attack, if you want to be anal about it. The enhancement is on Powers, page 45.
But does that really represent eating people quickly?
Finalsora811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:13 PM   #33
roguebfl
Dog of Lysdexics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finalsora811 View Post
But does that really represent eating people quickly?
That's why they suggested Engulfing Modifier from Powers on it, at least for the Swallow whole... and unlike the Binding option it Not Ranged at default, and depends you your existing ST and unarmed Skills to pull of the grapple.
roguebfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:31 PM   #34
Finalsora811

Ok now is there a way to eat or drink something that would normally damage your mouth without damaging it? Like drinking lava.
Finalsora811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 05:29 AM   #35
B9anders

Quote:
Ok now is there a way to eat or drink something that would normally damage your mouth without damaging it? Like drinking lava.
Depends. Is the person generally vulnerable to lava when he is not drinking it )ie, if it falls on his skin)?

If he isn't, it's DR.

If he is, I'd call it somewhere between a perk and a 5 point advantage. "You take no damage from having forced a rare but obviously injurious substance down your throat" is a situation I'd say has little application to merit more than that.
B9anders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:11 AM   #36
Flyndaran
Untagged

Quote:
For an individual substance I would call it a perk, like those that know the trick to eating glass or burning torches without injury.
Old 04-29-2012, 02:46 PM   #37
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

You can take traits like DR that are internal only at 1/5 cost, per Bio-Tech, but in this case it's probably overkill.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:21 PM   #38
Not another shrubbery

Quote:
Well, there's the Matter Eater enhancement for Universal Digestion, from Powers p86, although it might be too pricey if you're only talking about a limited set of items, and you still might have a problem getting something like lava to your mouth without injuring some other part of yourself.

Does anybody else think of Sheb Wooley when they see this thread title?
" I wanna get a job in a rock and roll band."
;)
Not another shrubbery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:32 PM   #39
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not another shrubbery View Post
Does anybody else think of Sheb Wooley when they see this thread title?
" I wanna get a job in a rock and roll band."
;)
That song always disturbed me. Why should I find the eating of purple people to be acceptable? Are they not still people?
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:44 PM   #40
Gold & Appel Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
That song always disturbed me. Why should I find the eating of purple people to be acceptable? Are they not still people?
Well, technically it is only the Purple People Eater itself advocating that eating purple people, "sure is fine," in the song, and Sheb or his fictitious narrator does not opine one way or the other (except to request that he, personally, not be devoured, suggesting that Sheb/Narrator is, himself, too self-involved to concern himself with the larger ethical question and/or purple). By aiding its launch into a music career, he may in fact have reduced or eliminated the creature's purple people consumption if eating purple people was simply its previous vocation and not a physical necessity, as is implied in the, "Mr. Purple People Eater, what's your line / I want to get a job in a rock n' roll band," verse, or if rock stardom simply distracts it from eating in general due to booze, coke, etc.
Gold & Appel Inc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advantages, alternate form, increased consumption