Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 01-19-2012, 10:54 AM   #11
nerdvana

Default Re: [Powers] Create

Quote:
Originally Posted by munin View Post
No: "Area Effect and Extended Duration are off limits... To keep matter around indefinitely, use your Creation Pool." (p. P94)
Yeah, noticed that after I posted but before I could comment on the original post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorg View Post
I agree it wouldn't be RAW-legal. On the other hand, I don't care much for the mechanic where you stabilize creations with CPs; I think it's a bit clunky and doesn't mesh well the the rest of the rules. As a GM, I'd be OK with substituting the RAW mechanism with the standard application of Enhanced Duration enhancements. The main difference between the two methods is that with the Enhancement, you pay CP up-front, and with the RAW mechanism, you pay them when you need them.
I concur and would house-rule this one personally.
I lean in that direction also (I'm asking in the context of a GM as it is).

On the matter of the wealth situation. I have discarded the RAW Wealth system for Benz72's Wealth a la Carte system (which can be found here) anyway so that's less of a concern for me.

Thanks everyone for all the replies!
nerdvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 07:50 PM   #12
Peter Knutsen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorg View Post
I agree it wouldn't be RAW-legal. On the other hand, I don't care much for the mechanic where you stabilize creations with CPs; I think it's a bit clunky and doesn't mesh well the the rest of the rules. As a GM, I'd be OK with substituting the RAW mechanism with the standard application of Enhanced Duration enhancements. The main difference between the two methods is that with the Enhancement, you pay CP up-front, and with the RAW mechanism, you pay them when you need them.
Then the only brake on Create (Gold; Permant) is GM fiat.
Peter Knutsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 07:55 PM   #13
Refplace

I lean towards buy enough wealth to make your create power a special effect of your job or independent income. Kromm ruled that Perm Snatcher was ok for creating high value stuff by way of saying it costs so much that you could have just paid for vast wealth. Seems similar in concept.
Also as noted other powers could generate revenue.
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:51 PM   #14
vitruvian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
I lean towards buy enough wealth to make your create power a special effect of your job or independent income. Kromm ruled that Perm Snatcher was ok for creating high value stuff by way of saying it costs so much that you could have just paid for vast wealth. Seems similar in concept.
Also as noted other powers could generate revenue.
The 'buy enough Wealth' thing is right there in the description of Create, you realize:

Quote:

If economics are unimportant to the campaign, the GM is free to waive point costs for permanent matter. Alternatively, he can require those with Create to start with Wealth or Independent Income – or a Vow never to use Create to produce wealth.
Italics mine.
vitruvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:08 PM   #15
Refplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
The 'buy enough Wealth' thing is right there in the description of Create, you realize:

Italics mine.
Yes, but its a judgement call (hence lean to) as to how much wealth you might need.
But the point was to avoid creation points so I offered what I would do, not saying it was a house rule or original idea of mine :)
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advantages, independent income, permanent, powers, q&a, wealth