Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 03-20-2014, 11:45 AM   #11
Ixa

Default Re: [RPM] Alternate Quick Gadgeteering

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK View Post
I wouldn't hold your breath for something quite that ambitious, but I do think you'll be happy about an unannounced, slightly lower-scale project in the works. :)
These are very good news! :D

I see that Metatronic Generators system and RPM both works in a similar way.. If I use the ER cost of a Ritual from RPM and multiply by the dollar valors of Metatronic Generators it will work?

Any chance of it breaking or unbalancing the game? Because its easier to build RPM spells than Powers..
Ixa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 11:52 AM   #12
PK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixa View Post
I see that Metatronic Generators system and RPM both works in a similar way.. If I use the ER cost of a Ritual from RPM and multiply by the dollar valors of Metatronic Generators it will work?
As Ghostdancer noted, his post here is the definitive resource on mixing Metatronic Generators with RPM.

Quote:
Any chance of it breaking or unbalancing the game? Because its easier to build RPM spells than Powers..
That depends entirely on whether you allow your PCs to have high levels of Wealth and/or Quick Gadgeteer. Either of this advantages will give them access to as many generators as they wish, which could potentially be unbalancing. Otherwise, no, I doubt you'll have a problem.

MyGURPS: My house rules and GURPS resources.

#SJGamesLive: I answered questions about GURPS After the End and more!
{Watch Video} - {Read Transcript}
PK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 12:37 PM   #13
Christopher R. Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixa View Post
It's tricky, you can't really use the cost oa ritual and then make it into a generator, like the normal enchanting system with RPM, you need to create a item out of character traits, and then you convert that over to it's item form using MG. I have a few other alternate enchanted systems for RPM, but they're not out yet or even submitted. One of them DOES do exactly what you want (converting a ritual to a item), but it needs more work than it's gotten to meet my standards.

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 01:14 PM   #14
Ixa

Thanks PK and Ghostdancer!

I'm thinking in letting the players use Quick Gadgeteering vs RPM mage and see what happens.

The problem is, I can make a ritual in game-play time, on the go, but not a Power. It's okay if a Gadgeteer character gets his new item between the games, because the player will have time to build in the Metatronic Generator, but if he needs to build something quick its way easier to use the RPM effects to improvise.

Maybe I can use the metatraits of MG in the rituals? With pre built templates I can still mate it work quick.

I'm pretty happy you're doing exactly the system I want Ghostdancer, but I'm also sad because now I'm really curious and probably will take months until I can read it.
Ixa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gadgeteering, rpg