Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 05-27-2012, 01:08 PM   #11
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Default Re: Favourite/Required Choir/Band

My personal favorite was and is a Mercurian of Destiny who had a Role as a writer of "Absolute Beginner's" books. (Think "____ For Dummies," but without the condescension implied by the title.) Between the Mercurian's basic resonance for relationships, the Mercurian of Destiny's gift for divining the "headlines" of someone's immediate future, and the Divine Destiny attunement, he was well placed to investigate or befriend just about anyone. And since his job involved irregular work hours and asking questions of all sorts of people, it was an ideal Role for an angelic investigator.

Mind you, when he acquired the Library Card, he got downright *dangerous*.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 03:57 PM   #12
Dalillama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel Beth View Post
Oh, and from the game my spouse GMed, the Kyriotate of Lightning PC who determined that demons were its personal playthings, who coined the phrase, "You can't Dodge your underwear," and who is responsible for the creation of Force Catchers and the rule that use of the Song of Acid requires something mouth-like in the host item. (Generator, however, has no such limitation...)
I've had endless fun with phones using that attunement. Eavesdropping on both sides of a conversation, mysteriously preventing connections, pretending to be the connection, dialing the really wrong number; the possibilities are endless. Also, cheating at pinball, helped by the Kyrio of Creation attunement which allows me to subtly warp the playing surface.
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 09:01 PM   #13
Rocket Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAlillama View Post
Also, cheating at pinball, helped by the Kyrio of Creation attunement which allows me to subtly warp the playing surface.
Which was my personal favorite of all his tricks. For the newcomers on the board, not only was this a pinball-cheating Kyrio, it was one whose favorite host was named Tommy.

Old 05-27-2012, 11:16 PM   #14
Dalillama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
Which was my personal favorite of all his tricks. For the newcomers on the board, not only was this a pinball-cheating Kyrio, it was one whose favorite host was named Tommy.
And there was indeed a twist, although it was not directly related to the suppleness of his wrists.
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 01:30 AM   #15
Drop Bear

Quote:
Was he a Deaf Dumb and Blind Kid, because they sure play Mean Pin Ball.
Drop Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:27 PM   #16
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAlillama View Post
{Kyriotate of Lightning attunement}: the possibilities are endless.
Hee hee hee! Yup! Not to mention that our Kyrio trashed two cars being driven by demons -- one went into the Boston harbor, and another got four flats...
Old 05-29-2012, 10:30 AM   #17
Rocket Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel Beth View Post
Hee hee hee! Yup! Not to mention that our Kyrio trashed two cars being driven by demons -- one went into the Boston harbor, and another got four flats...
The Kyrio mentioned by darlin' Dali did something similar when the team's Bright got abducted by Andre's secret police. Unfortunately, the first car he possessed was a distraction, while the demons in the second one realized what was going on (when he tried strangling a Lustie with her own necklace) and used Sensory Deprivation. A Kyrio trying to operate a vehicle under S.D. is a frightening thing ...

As far as favorite Band, as a GM, I love Shedim for setting up plots and Habbalites for screwing with PCs. Few things can mess up team coordination faster than to have a Punisher playing with a PC's emotions. (Especially when you have players who are willing to roleplay the effects!) The Habby on the Lust team has fallen into the "Must Die" category for getting a Malakite passionatly infatuated with her -- though Virtues being Virtues, the Blackwing still found a way to force the demon into a hasty retreat anyway.

For longer-term mind-screws, as noted, the Lilim are ideal. If the PCs don't realize they're dealing with one right away, you can set a few hooks that get called later with interesting results.

Last edited by Rocket Man; 05-29-2012 at 10:35 AM.
Old 05-29-2012, 10:34 AM   #18
ladyarcana55

Quote:
A Kyrio trying to operate a vehicle under S.D. is a frightening thing ...
Yes, especially for the Bright in question. Although she is still fuming at being placed in a duffel bag. She still swears that she's not that small...
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:47 AM   #19
tHEhERETIC

I've GM'd more than played, so grain of salt time.

Most useful NPC I knew was a Kyrio of Lightning. I gave the player a ton of props and told her "You can manipulate these any way you want, plus anything else you'd find on a tallship." Admittedly that was fudging the rules a bit, but it got the players very creative.

Most fun to pick on--you know I love Seraphim.

Most useful demon--Impudites. Socially savvy and utterly selfish, they blend in with humans so well it makes them very sticky to smite.
Old 06-02-2012, 01:36 PM   #20
JCD

Mmm. I'm a fan of Impudites and Cherubs. I can do a mean Seraph, though they all tend to be unhappy for some reason and rather prickley.

Tags
meta