Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 07-28-2011, 01:32 PM   #1
ericbsmith

Location: Binghamton, NY, USA. Near the river Styx in the 5th Circle.
Default Resources/Play Aids - 4e WWII Templates, Combat Cheat Sheet, and more

Hello all. I've been revamping my website, and in the process I've added quite a few new items to the site. In addition to the old favorites (Dungeon Fantasy on the Cheap..., Spaceships Design Spreadsheet, and One-Page GURPS), I've posted a mirror of 50-Point Advantages and added a few new items to the Random Articles section of my page.

World War II Templates for GURPS 4th Edition
These conversions were originally written by Curtis Handsaker, also known as "Z09SS" on the SJGames forum. He deserves all of the credit. The original compilation was presented on the now defunct gurpswiki.net
This PDF was edited by me, taking all of the templates presented by Curtis on the gurpswiki and compiling them into a printable format.

GURPS Combat Cheat Sheet
This PDF is intended to be a quick cheat sheet with the most vital information for combat laid out on a single page. A good place to print this would be on the back of One-Page GURPS.
This sheet has a Speed/Range Table, a Hit Location Table, an Advanced Hit Location Table/Diagram (with a Bond Girl!), a listing of all of the Combat Maneuvers available with quick notes on what they do, and a listing of all the standard Damage Types with notes on their effects.
The Speed/Range Table and Hit Location Table are based on those from the Phoenix character sheet for GCA4 written by Thomas Edwards. The Advanced Hit Location Table was created by Sean Reed.

Collision/Slam/Falling Damage Table
This is a set of three tables useful for calculating Collision, Slam, and Falling damage. The first table lists Velocity and HP to calculate damage. The second calculates Velocity for various fall heights in gravities other than 1G. The last calculates Terminal Velocity under various gravities and atmospheric pressures.
Kaboom-baya.

Last edited by ericbsmith; 08-07-2016 at 08:04 AM.
ericbsmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 03:08 PM   #2
johndallman
Night Watchman

Default Re: Resources/Play Aids - 4e WWII Templates, Combat Cheat Sheet, and more

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericbsmith View Post
These appear to be straight transliterations to 4e costs and names; the point budget seems to be "whatever that comes out to". Is that correct?

Minor error: the templates all say "see above" for National Disadvantages and Disadvantages, but they are at the end of the file.
johndallman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 03:12 PM   #3
ericbsmith

Location: Binghamton, NY, USA. Near the river Styx in the 5th Circle.
Default Re: Resources/Play Aids - 4e WWII Templates, Combat Cheat Sheet, and more

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndallman View Post
These appear to be straight transliterations to 4e costs and names; the point budget seems to be "whatever that comes out to". Is that correct?
More or less, yes. I never wound up using these myself (my dreams of a Weird War II campaign never came to fruition), so didn't get into dissecting them; I merely converted them to PDF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndallman View Post
Minor error: the templates all say "see above" for National Disadvantages and Disadvantages, but they are at the end of the file.
Huh, apparently a leftover from some point in my editing.
Kaboom-baya.
ericbsmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:24 PM   #4
The Rogue Analyst

Regardless, we appreciate the work you put into these conversions!
The Rogue Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:58 PM   #5
Z09SS

The points came to whatever they did without modification.

We were converting characters over so the actual costs didn't matter much.

Most of those templates worked just fine for a 150 point world. The ones that don't also don't work in 100 point games in 3e.
Old 07-29-2011, 01:44 PM   #6
johndallman
Night Watchman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rogue Analyst View Post
Regardless, we appreciate the work you put into these conversions!
Definitely!
johndallman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dungeon fantasy, dungeon fantasy templates, gurpsland, wwii