Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin Collectible Card Game

Old 07-09-2018, 02:28 AM   #1
DarthBayne

Default Amulet of Ridiculous Power

Hello, there!

So, Amulet of Ridiculous Power is a loot that allows you to deal 1 damage to a ally/monster when you play a damage-dealing mischief.

This got me thinking... would Amulet of Ridiculous Power trigger if I were to use the Give Blood ability of a Mischief?

For instance: If I play Blood Geyser and I Give Blood 1, would I be able to draw 2 cards and deal 1 damage to an Ally or Monster?

Last edited by DarthBayne; 07-12-2018 at 10:22 PM.
DarthBayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 10:17 PM   #2
DarthBayne

Default Re: Amulet of Ridiculous Power

Follow up question about Amulet of Ridiculous Power:

Would Violent Vivification or Ouchian Bargain trigger Amulet of Ridiculous Power? They're similar to Give Blood, but their damage isn't part of the cost of the card.

I look forward to any help you can offer me. Thank you.
Old 07-16-2018, 02:49 PM   #3
Aleph
Administrator

None of these will trigger the Amulet of Ridiculous Power, because it triggers when you play a mischief that deals damage. All of these abilities instruct you to take damage. These have separate definitions in the rules:

Deal - Applies to damage only. Damage is dealt by abilities or by Monsters in a fight. Damage is dealt to Heroes, Monsters, and Allies.

Take - Applies to gold and damage. Move tokens from the stockpile to another zone in the game area as specified by a rule or ability. When a player takes gold, the tokens are moved to their purse. When something takes damage, the tokens are moved to that card.
Aleph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 01:58 PM   #4
DarthBayne

Ahhh, I get the distinction now. Thank you!