Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 03-13-2011, 05:56 PM   #1
Kalzazz

Default Manastones of Cheap Materials

Powerstones can be made of cheap materials for x4 enchanting cost

Can manastones also be made of cheap materials for x4 enchanting cost?
Kalzazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 06:17 PM   #2
Witchking

Default Re: Manastones of Cheap Materials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalzazz View Post
Powerstones can be made of cheap materials for x4 enchanting cost

Can manastones also be made of cheap materials for x4 enchanting cost?
Yes.......
Old 03-13-2011, 07:21 PM   #3
Anthony

However, they remain pointless.
Anthony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:44 PM   #4
Kuroshima
MIB
Pyramid Contributor
Mad Spaniard Rules Lawyer

Location: The ASS of the world, mainly Valencia, Spain (Europe)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
However, they remain pointless.
How so? manastones are great for enchantment, up to a certain level, as long as the cost per point of energy remains under the daily wage of a mage. There are other threads on this, I just don't want to resurrect one of them.
My stuff on e23
Kuroshima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 01:02 PM   #5
Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroshima View Post
How so? manastones are great for enchantment, up to a certain level, as long as the cost per point of energy remains under the daily wage of a mage.
No, only if the cost per point of energy is also lower than the equivalent cost for a powerstone. The largest manastone that is cheaper than slow and sure is 26 energy. You can make a 26 energy cheap powerstone for 4x the cost of a manastone (yes, GURPS Magic notwithstanding, Q&D is perfectly cost effective for 80 energy enchantments). If you use the powerstone more than 4 times (which will be true if you keep using it for at least 104 days), or if you can sell the powerstone after using it once (for at least 75% of its value), the powerstone is cheaper.
Old 03-14-2011, 01:07 PM   #6
Witchking

Quote:
If you use the powerstone more than 4 times (which will be true if you keep using it for at least 104 days), or if you can sell the powerstone after using it once (for at least 75% of its value), the powerstone is cheaper.
I would not assume there is any markdown in price for a Powerstone being sold, just because it is empty.

When Best Buy delivered your refrigerator there wasnt much in the way of groceries in it was there?
Old 03-14-2011, 01:10 PM   #7
Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchking View Post
I would not assume there is any markdown in price for a Powerstone being sold, just because it is empty.
There would be a difference in value, because you can't use it immediately, but it generally won't be large (less than 1% for typical modest size powerstones). However, we're assuming reselling, and that's dependent on having a buyer.

Also, you can generally make one-college (Enchantment) powerstones, which are only 2.4x as expensive as manastones.
Old 03-14-2011, 01:14 PM   #8
Witchking

Quote:
There would be a difference in value, because you can't use it immediately, but it generally won't be large (less than 1% for typical modest size powerstones). However, we're assuming reselling, and that's dependent on having a buyer.

Also, you can generally make one-college (Enchantment) powerstones, which are only 2.4x as expensive as manastones.
Aye..(now stops before another powerstone thread starts...note my initial reply upthread was ONE word).

Tags
cheap materials, enchanting, magic, manastones, powerstones