Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 11-11-2013, 11:57 AM   #1
mlangsdorf

Default GURPS No School Grognard Blog - New Posts

Since everything I've done with my blog has basically been an imitation of Douglas Cole and Peter dell'Orto, it's past time I wrote a thread so I can update people when I update the blog.

My blog is focused mostly on GURPS, especially Dungeon Fantasy, but it sometimes veers into whatever I've been playing most recently.

It's been around for about 8 months, so I want to highlight some of the more interesting collections of articles:

The Dungeon Fantasy Template Evaluation: I've been running and playing in DF games for 5 years, and now I'm writing about the templates and what makes them good or bad and ways to improve them or get more out of playing them.

College Ritual Book magic: An alternate take on Ritual Magic, stealing some of the concepts from Ritual Path Magic.

Better Fantasy Armor: Another attempt at armor cost/weight rules, focused on DF games where a thief in DR2 leather should be agile and flexible, even if that's not completely realistic, but also making sure that a knight in DR9 plate has a better DR/weight ratio than the thief.

Spaceship Combat Examples: Some play throughs of combats using self designed ships from Spaceships. Inspired by a forum thread.

Changing the Tide and Savage Tide: Actual Play: I've adapted the D&D Adventure Path "Savage Tides" for my F2F group and ran them through it. Changing the Tide talks about the hows and whys of adapting it to GURPS and making it playable. Savage Tide: Actual Play are brief game reports of how the adapted adventure actually played out.

Last edited by mlangsdorf; 04-05-2014 at 04:26 PM. Reason: changed label links to page links
mlangsdorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:59 AM   #2
mlangsdorf

Default Re: GURPS No School Grognard Blog - New Posts

My thoughts on why people would actually be involved in dungeon delving, more or less inspired by the "Why We Fight" section of Monster Hunters and the sad fates of the hirelings in Peter dell'Orto's Felltower game.

Why We Delve
Old 11-11-2013, 12:07 PM   #3
Christopher R. Rice

Welcome to the Brotherhood of Bloggers Who Talk About Their Blogs Loudly. :-)

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 05:40 PM   #4
mlangsdorf

Imbuements let people turn any random weapon into a weapon of fire or an explosive weapon or whatever. They're an excellent rules patch for a gap in the basic 4th edition rules.

I've been using them for a while in an online game, and I wanted to share my experiences and evaluations of them, along with asking other people who have been using them to share their experiences

http://noschoolgrognard.blogspot.com...ay-so-far.html
Old 11-16-2013, 01:58 PM   #5
mlangsdorf

There should be quirks for Martial Arts styles, just like there are Perks. I suggest some.

http://noschoolgrognard.blogspot.com...ts-styles.html
Old 11-18-2013, 04:22 PM   #6
mlangsdorf

Antoni Ten Monros and Kalazz sent me huge replies to my post on my experiences with Imbuements, each one detailing their experiences with every Imbuement skill. Reader, I posted them.

Imbuments in Play: Other People's Experiences
Old 11-18-2013, 09:08 PM   #7
Kalzazz

Actually, I screwed up and didn't mention any of the Pyramid ones

Ill try to correct that later

Also, the Imbuement perks totally need to be looked at and discussed to, some of them are awesome!

The Defensive Imbuements are all in Pyramid, so my comments on the non Pyramid ones only gave comments on half the system
Kalzazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 09:32 PM   #8
Nosforontu

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlangsdorf View Post
Antoni Ten Monros and Kalazz sent me huge replies to my post on my experiences with Imbuements, each one detailing their experiences with every Imbuement skill. Reader, I posted them.

Imbuments in Play: Other People's Experiences
I noticed that Antoni Ten Monros mentioned a disparity in monsters HP versus their FP and how devastating that Fatiguing imbuement may be in play. Which sparked an idea in me. Has anyone looked into floating the Injury Tolerance (Damage Reduction) from Powers over to being Injury Tolerance (Fatigue Damge Reduction) instead? It would probably a 0% enhancement if the rules for floating Regeneration (Hit Points) to being Regeneration (Fatigue Points) is any guide.
Nosforontu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 06:06 AM   #9
Kuroshima
MIB
Pyramid Contributor
Mad Spaniard Rules Lawyer

Location: The ASS of the world, mainly Valencia, Spain (Europe)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosforontu View Post
I noticed that Antoni Ten Monros mentioned a disparity in monsters HP versus their FP and how devastating that Fatiguing imbuement may be in play. Which sparked an idea in me. Has anyone looked into floating the Injury Tolerance (Damage Reduction) from Powers over to being Injury Tolerance (Fatigue Damge Reduction) instead? It would probably a 0% enhancement if the rules for floating Regeneration (Hit Points) to being Regeneration (Fatigue Points) is any guide.
Injury Tolerance: Damage Reduction works against all forms of injury. FP only would be a form of limited, worth - 40%
My stuff on e23
Kuroshima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:17 AM   #10
Nosforontu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroshima View Post
Injury Tolerance: Damage Reduction works against all forms of injury. FP only would be a form of limited, worth - 40%
In hindsite and with a bit more sleep your right, my bad.
Nosforontu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blog, blogs