Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 07-21-2012, 01:54 AM   #11
Tross

Default Re: Munchkin Naughty & Nice slated for October ship date

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBiff View Post
While more original cards is always better, I am happy with more Naughty and Nice cards, they rarely show up in my games.
I second that. Plus if the promo art is any indication, the new Naughty and Nice cards will be easier on the eyes.:P In all seriousness though, Naughty and Nice does add another element to the game, but with only one of each, they almost never come into play. It sounds like the rest of the cards will be new though, which is also great. I did not know that Waiting for Santa was going out of print though. I'm so glad I got it when I did then.
Tross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:10 AM   #12
RL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tross View Post
I did not know that Waiting for Santa was going out of print though. I'm so glad I got it when I did then.
It just recently went out of print. So even though the SJ Games warehouse doesn't have any left, you can still pick them up at Warehouse 23, some game stores, and many online retailers.
RL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:03 PM   #13
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tross View Post
I did not know that Waiting for Santa was going out of print though. I'm so glad I got it when I did then.
I doubt we'll reprint any of the boosters; the quantity required to get the cost down to an affordable level is significantly more than we expect to sell in a second printing.

To answer the inevitable followup ("Will you reprint them in some other form?"), we'll have to see. Right now, almost all the boosters are still in print and widely available, so any such product would be down the road a piece.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:45 AM   #14
Tross

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
I doubt we'll reprint any of the boosters; the quantity required to get the cost down to an affordable level is significantly more than we expect to sell in a second printing.
Ah, makes sense. Never would have thought of that, but I'm sure there are quite a few things that make things more complicated on your end that most people would never consider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
To answer the inevitable followup ("Will you reprint them in some other form?"), we'll have to see. Right now, almost all the boosters are still in print and widely available, so any such product would be down the road a piece.
That also makes sense. No point in re-releasing anything in another form if it's still widely available. With that said, down the road, when it is hard to find certain sets of cards, it is nice to be able to acquire them in another form. It doesn't matter to me if they're called something different, or are combined with other sets of cards for a larger booster or expansion, as long as they're brought back.

Well, to be honest, I brought that up more for other people, since I have the previous Christmas boosters already, and acquired Sparkly Good Fairy and Marked for Death along with Munchkinomicon not too long ago through Warehouse 23.
Tross is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
christmas, munchkin, naughty & nice