Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 02-10-2017, 08:06 AM   #11
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Lost in Dreams (Michael)

Checking some things.

Your actions are calculated to make you go up, not to go over. In fact, you are taking great care not to go over. The target object is over, at the same elevation that you are.

You're sure you want to go up?

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 05:27 PM   #12
Friendpmcii

Sorry, I must have assumed if I could see the 'pipe at the bottom' then I must be looking from underneath. 50 feat does sound far.

Instead I will try to make a long stick with the best I can find for a 'carrot' to lore it over so I can get on and maybe use the same method to head for the other islands.

If it seams to not work and like it wouldn't suddenly kick like a bull by jumping on then I pray really hard about the following idea (as my normal brain would say this is suicide); which is yes... go up to a point that I think I can make the jump... Pray for luck and jump.
Friendpmcii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 10:50 AM   #13
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Making a long stick is tricky. Everything here is short and scrubby. Michael gets three or so yards out of lashing shorter branches together with vines, ties... He's not sure what a "Carrot" would like like for whatever that thing is, so he ties a few different pieces of vegetation to a stick and puts it out.

How long will he wait?

He doesn't think he could make the jump under any circumstances. 25 yards might be possible. 50 is not.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 02-13-2017, 07:22 PM   #14
Friendpmcii

Putting poison on a stick will cancel any other useful item so he will go for 1 item at a time. Maybe if use one of the floating rocks as part of the design I can get a little further out. changing every 10 min should give my arms time to rest and evaluate any observations, if there are any worth noting with body language.
Old 02-15-2017, 10:43 AM   #15
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The thing just floats there, sitting in the sky.

He's just finished switching out the third branch for the fourth when he hears something... no, he feels something behind him. Looking that direction, he sees something that looks... like a ship? Its so far off he can't really estimate its distance.

Last edited by ericthered; 02-15-2017 at 10:50 AM.
Old 02-15-2017, 12:45 PM   #16
Friendpmcii

Michael looks at it a bit, trying to see if it could be the same ship, Hmm, not like I have much choice He sticks out stick #4 to see if it makes a difference, but leaves it out as his attention is on the ship. It must be coming this way, maybe I can flag it down. another stick goes into the air and wags back and forth hoping to get the ship's attention. When an odd thought pops into his mind and he sais to the floating creature Hey, any chance you can understand me? Because thinking about it I am probably acting like a fool trying to lure you hear with a stick.
Old 02-17-2017, 02:11 PM   #17
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

He's waving the stick, and stops to talk to the floating rock with the trunk. It floats as though it never heard him at all.

The ship does perhaps seem to alter course. Its hard to tell. But its coming closer to him. May take a while.

What does he do while its coming?

Old 02-17-2017, 05:32 PM   #18
Friendpmcii

Hmm, maybe it was the song of music that brought the rock. I decide to use both sticks to continue getting the attention of the ship, keeping y mouth closed to give it time to gain moister. When/If it seems to be going the wrong way I start by loudest possible redirection of "The Hills are alive, with the sound of music...." At some point the though of him being a siren luring a ship full of people to the rocks inters his mind and he has to stop abit to regain composure, then He continues.

Breath control to try improve volume (which I already get at +3).

Last edited by Friendpmcii; 02-17-2017 at 05:37 PM.
Old 02-20-2017, 03:14 PM   #19
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

He sings for some time, with the ship drawing nearer and the rock staying motionless.

After what feels like an hour, the ship draws near. The folks are wearing ragged clothing that never had any designs on it. One of them yells.

"Ho! Yorkman! Who Ye Be?"

Old 02-20-2017, 05:52 PM   #20
Friendpmcii

Michael looks at the person, observing his body language. "Michael Freeman, any chance you got room for one more?"

(OOC: Honest Face, and Pitiable may be applicable)

Tags
lost in dreams