Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 12-09-2013, 01:27 PM   #51
Kuroshima
MIB
Pyramid Contributor
Mad Spaniard Rules Lawyer

Location: The ASS of the world, mainly Valencia, Spain (Europe)
Default Re: Pyramid #3/60: Dungeon Fantasy III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nereidalbel View Post
I'm using it on a 500 point character who happens to be a Mystic Knight on steroids (following all the rules, just at double the point level). His ST is bumped up to 24, presumably through use of every Wish he found to get +1 ST, and he uses a Great Axe. End result? Ablated nearly 200 DR in a single turn. Without the use of AoA (Double).
My current game has a scout/mystic knight/wizard and a mystic knight/swashbuckler, both built on almost 650 points now. Trust me, I know how it works ;)
My stuff on e23
Kuroshima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 01:28 PM   #52
Carlos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroshima View Post
As for making the Striking ST magic-based, I feel that almost everyone gets unmodified striking ST, and mystic knights are already hosed enough in low/no mana.
Yes, even casters can have it, but the secret is that Mystic Knights could have unmodified Striking ST and magical Striking ST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroshima View Post
As for the second level imbued souls, consider that you can get them all for little more than the price of one, and that means you get protection from almost every elemental themed dungeon the GM throws your way. They were mostly included for flavor though.
Yes, but DR 3 isn't that great for its price and the defensive imbuements makes an awesome job to protect them. And yes, I didn't forget the Resistances. But even so I still think we can live without them and spend those points somewhere else. :p

By the way, I just love Instantâneous Project Blow. Project Blow and elemental transformation imbuements are great combinations, specially now that we have an eletrical transformation imbuement.
Carlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 01:39 PM   #53
PK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
Why Focused Imbuer requires specialization? Would it be too overpower if it worked with every imbued skill?
Actually, Kuroshima originally had it as an unspecialized perk. It was changed to a specialized one, after a brief discussion, due to the fact that skill levels are everything when it comes to Imbuements. Dropping 4 FP for +4 skill equals an extra +1d follow-up damage, changing cyclic damage from "per minute" to "per second," an extra -8 to notice the attack, and so on. This is in contrast to using the same rule for powers (which would arguably be a single Extra Option perk), where it generally just offsets range penalties but has no direct effect on "power level" like it does with Imbuements.

MyGURPS: My house rules and GURPS resources.

#SJGamesLive: I answered questions about GURPS After the End and more!
{Watch Video} - {Read Transcript}
PK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dungeon fantasy, pyramid 3/60, pyramid issues