Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 06-26-2009, 12:21 PM   #11
JCD

Default Re: tHEhERETIC's Inspired Post And Choirs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
LOL my name on a thread!

As for Impudites--shudder. Pacifists or not, they're demons. Imagine a sociopath who is really, really good at playing the friend. Hiya buddy, say I'm short five bucks and I'm really hungry. Can you spot me for a hamburger? What's mine is mine and what's yours is mine, as long as I can weasel it out of you. Leech. Freeloader from Hell.

You're welcome

I like that perspective on the Imps
JCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:56 PM   #12
BillionSix

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
As for Impudites--shudder. Pacifists or not, they're demons. Imagine a sociopath who is really, really good at playing the friend. Hiya buddy, say I'm short five bucks and I'm really hungry. Can you spot me for a hamburger? What's mine is mine and what's yours is mine, as long as I can weasel it out of you. Leech. Freeloader from Hell.
Yeah, good concept. It also helps explain why they get dissonance if they let a human die. Once they are dead, you can't leech off them anymore.
Old 06-27-2009, 12:47 AM   #13
JCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post
Ooh, that's interesting. So I assume "redemption" isn't even an option for these creatures? Is this sourced from real-world Kaballah directly, or are you using Ken Hite's Cabal cosmology? Any other elements?
No, and even the demons question their motives. My "Saminga" is still considered dumb as a post, but his motives are inexplicable, not high camp. His "Burn it all down" attitude becomes much scarier when viewed through that prism.

Essentially, Lucifer found himself in Hell, without Essence, access to Earth and facing a 2-1 numbers game. So he went to the Lowest Hells and found...'allies'. Obviously their hideous forms are part and parcel of their unearthly origins.
JCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 01:01 AM   #14
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCD View Post
No, and even the demons question their motives. My "Saminga" is still considered dumb as a post, but his motives are inexplicable, not high camp. His "Burn it all down" attitude becomes much scarier when viewed through that prism.

Essentially, Lucifer found himself in Hell, without Essence, access to Earth and facing a 2-1 numbers game. So he went to the Lowest Hells and found...'allies'. Obviously their hideous forms are part and parcel of their unearthly origins.
Oh, I like that. I wasn't sure the Shedim could be made creepier than they already are, but you just pulled it off.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
celestials, tips