Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 05-08-2012, 01:52 PM   #31
Dragyn

Default Re: [OOC] Blood Reign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovus View Post
I would be potentially interested, but I've never actually played in a PbP, so I'm not sure how this works properly.
Low speed vs high detail.. basically PbP gives you the chance to add in all those little things you see in your head when you go home after a great session. :)

<><
Dragyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:53 PM   #32
Dragyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErhnamDJ View Post
Tricked out to look inconspicuous.

That might work.

I figure my character is the son of an Irishman and the sister of another low-level mafia member, and he was only able to get in because of his uncle, though he has never been able to rise through the ranks because of his parentage.

He's done some time for a robbery he was involved in, and they could definitely get him for a RICO violation if they ever looked into him too closely. He lives upstate now and raises bees. He got interested in honey after they helped smuggle in a shipment of the gourmet stuff back in the late nineties. They keep him upstate as their car guy now, and he does work mostly with shipments.

He was in the army for a while in the nineties as well, between the gulf war and the return to Iraq, so during the boring years. But he could have met a reporter during that time, if he was stationed somewhere. But our reporter here looks to be too young. He's only twenty-nine, whereas my guy is about thirty-six. I guess I could change that to make it work, but if you want us to be childhood friends, that's not going to be easy. Looking at Richard's skills, I see that he has Savoir-Faire (Mafia). Maybe my guy did a job in England and that's how they met? I'd be pretty interested in learning how an Englishman got such high Guns skills. No easy access to pistols over in England is there?

So, let's say the Englishman moved to the US a long time ago, and he grew in the same neighborhood as my character. Maybe he was even involved in some low-level mafia operations in his youth, perhaps with my character.
That's workable.

I was going to wait and see what Gemini has for us regarding his ideas for background before I asked about his guns skills.

<><
Old 05-08-2012, 08:38 PM   #33
Gemini

I'm thinking my guy could have lived most of his young life in New England, boarding at a school in the U.K, but earning his status through a well connected family. Being wealthy in America during the 80's through to the 90's, Richard's family benefited from the patronage of the mob, whereby he became friends with Vincent in his childhood. Richard picked up his obsession with firearms from his father, an ex British serviceman, who felt the political climate in the U.S at the time was more to his taste. (Obviously there is more to be said about why Richard's family originally had mob connections, but I don't think that's going to be too important to the game)

As for the age of my guy, it could be adjusted, originally you didn't state an age for Vincent.
Gemini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:43 PM   #34
Dragyn

Ok. That's good enough for me. God knows its way more detailed than any story I has for a tabletop character back in the day.

If I have time, I'll be putting up the beginning post tonight. Last thing I need is a little equipment, specifically what you would have on you while out to dinner.

<><
Old 05-09-2012, 12:00 PM   #35
ErhnamDJ

My guy probably wouldn't have anything more than his car and its contents with him. He keeps a few things hidden in his car: a lead pipe, a revolver (kept in a hidden compartment), a change of clothes, some emergency food, and not a whole lot else.
ErhnamDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:17 PM   #36
Gemini

My guy would be wearing a fairly nice suit and watch, carrying his keys wallet and phone, and would be driving his DB9 where he keeps a Taurus Model 608 locked in the glove-box along with a few rounds of ammunition, some other generic car things (flashlight, map, water-bottle etc.) and also notepaper and pens for his work.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:29 PM   #37
ErhnamDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
Taurus Model 608
And he was making fun of my guy's car. :)
ErhnamDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:07 AM   #38
Dragyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErhnamDJ View Post
And he was making fun of my guy's car. :)
Actually, that was me. :)

The thought of an 8-shot .357 is fun, you have to admit. The trick is just what length barrel he got, and whether or not he's trying to compensate for something. :)

<><
Old 05-10-2012, 01:18 AM   #39
Dragyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
My guy would be wearing a fairly nice suit and watch, carrying his keys wallet and phone, and would be driving his DB9 where he keeps a Taurus Model 608 locked in the glove-box along with a few rounds of ammunition, some other generic car things (flashlight, map, water-bottle etc.) and also notepaper and pens for his work.
You want to drive a $175k+ car in Chinatown?

I'm allowing it on the basis of your wealth level and assuming it's either heavily financed and/or used.. besides, I don't have a problem with you having something nifty.. But that car is worth considerably more than my house, and I wouldn't park my house in Chinatown at night. Just sayin.. :)

<><
Old 05-10-2012, 08:00 AM   #40
Gemini

Well I've never actually been to new york, so i'm not aware of exactly how crime ridden chinatown is, but it can't be than risky on a busy evening, and is there any chance the restraunt has a valet? In any case it's fully insured, alarmed and locked, and i'm pretty sure DB9s are fitted with imobilisers.