Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 07-09-2013, 03:54 PM   #1151
ErhnamDJ

Default Re: [IC] The Streaker Fan Club (Weird Supers)

"Mister President? Are you there?" Darya asks. "If you're not, then someone needs to get Madam Vice President on the phone as quickly as possible."

My blog.
ErhnamDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:51 AM   #1152
LemmingLord

[Agent Nicolle, Investigating Robbery]
[Outside The Federal Reserve Building]

"Yep, everything's fine..." the non-blessed FBI agent drives away, leaving Agent Nicolle and Mike alone.

Several minutes pass.

Mike the Bike: "Shouldn't we be doing something boss?"

[Cee, Streaker #1]
[Cee/Streaker's Dorm Room]

President Wishart's voice is that of a history professor on a long dry lecture, "Good evening Streaker. This is the president. What can the United States government do for you today to protect the American people?"

Streaker # 1: "Probably want to scramble some fighter jets in pretty much every major US city and hope you get lucky, because this insane North Korean guy has flying supers who can explode like hydrogen bombs on the way right now. I think we have somewhere in the neighborhood of fifteen minutes until they hit. Whatever secret stuff you have at your disposal, I suggest employing it beginning ten minutes ago. I'm trying to do what I can. I need to go now. Do you want to leave this line open in case something comes up?"

The president's voice on the phone: "I see... give me a moment..."

Streaker #1 covers her phone mic with her hand to talk to her roommate and best friend: "Cee, is there any kind of important scientific research or something you can do with a bunch of exploding nuclear bombs? Even theoretically?"

Cee responds in her usual disturbing jarring voice: Huh, erm I suppose? An Orion Pulse Engine could be done, although you would need to do that research in space. I suppose there are a few things you could pull off with really big bombs, like say triggering a volcano or earthquake to redirect the force, but I would tend to think that conventional explosives would do a better job. I remember some ideas back with that big oil spill in the gulf that revolved around sealing the well by nuking it. Another guy suggested carving out canals with nuclear weapons.

All of them are extremely dangerous. The Orion Engine involves launching huge numbers of nuclear weapons into space, which if done right would actually be really great but... One mistake and the nukes explode on Earth, or fall into the hands of terrorists. The rest actually involve exploding nukes on Earth, which is causes fallout and contamination and then cancer no matter what.
Cee pauses before she continues with her grating speech

I could probably think up some more cool things you could do with nuclear weapons given time, but all of them have one of two key issues. Either a) you are launching the nukes into space which is risky and could lead to the nukes landing back on Earth, or b) the nukes are detonated on Earth and lead to cancer. Unless someone solves that issue it would be too risky to sanely consider. Actually, if you invented a non-fission ignition for a fusion bomb you could avoid the fallout and use that on Earth.

ooc: Some other possibilities:

*(realistic)the EMP effect of high altitude/low orbit explosions could effectively annihilate a considerable number of orbiting manmade satellites. This would not kill anyone initially, but the effect on communications would cripple response times on emergency vehicles for countries who rely on them.

*(weird) wherever the explosions occur, those whose survive may acquire special abilities because of the gamma radiation, providing for an entirely new set of mutants.

*(weird) 500,000+ megatons applied at the proper point would neutralize or reverse the earth's magnetic poles and may create a temporary gateway to another dimension... Cee would have to do some calculations.

"Mister President? Are you there?" Darya asks. "If you're not, then someone needs to get Madam Vice President on the phone as quickly as possible."

The voice of the president: "I was busy putting billions of dollars of fighter plane up over the skies of every major city in the United States. You will soon be talking to a handler who will coordinate your actions, codename Casper. Please work with him, give him everything you know so we can combat these "nuke-u-lar" men... I'll be with the joint chiefs."

The hair on the back of Streaker #1 and Cee's neck stand straight up.

The cell phone Darya is holding glows with a blue light.

"Casper here to help. Tell me everything you know."

[Streaker #2, GENERAL FIRST CITIZEN, Captain Shishin]
[North Korean Secret "Missile Base"]

Captain Shishin translating for GENERAL FIRST CITIZEN,, "I beseech you, please find a better solution to give my nuclear sons' lives meaning."

Streaker #2: "Meaning? You think murdering hundreds of millions of people will give their deaths meaning? I don't know who you think I am, but I don't understand your philosophy or sense of honor or whatever. I can sit here and think for a million years and I won't be able to give you what you want, since I don't even know what I'm looking for. You could use these guys to save the world from monsters like Poxbringer, but that's not meaning enough. What could possibly satisfy you? I think you're just wasting my time so I'm not out there stopping this insanity."

Translated: "Give me the position of 13 supervillains and I will bring my nuclear children down on their position... Or think of something else.. We know have twelve minutes for me to reposition my men's trajectory... They will then land on target 90 minutes later."

[Nightwatch]
[A safehouse near the abandoned warehouse district]

Scruffy Looking Man: "Get on the civilian ship. Get to the Pontius Dreadnaught. Get in the command module... Do what it takes to convince all the ships to change course into the sun. Escape on the civilian ship, taking with you whatever technology you think we can use... Return to earth."

Nightwatch says,"[COLOR="Green"]I am not the techie my job is to hurt people. How am I supposed to control those ships? Blow them up yes...I can do that..hack into an alien computer and make it tell the other ships to do what I want?

"There are more than a 1000 ships... Invisible ships... What are you going to do, bring enough explosives to blow them all up and convince the flight crew to visit each of the 1000 ships? "

"The good news is we believe the ships are run by automaton aliens...psychically or electronically controlled by the command ship... Go to that ship, control it, and hopefully you control all the ships.."
Old 07-12-2013, 12:54 PM   #1153
Skullcrusher

"So in other words "I'm on my own" perfect. Where's my new suit with the upgrades I asked for?

Randal Kane - Trent Bauer
Skullcrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 05:51 PM   #1154
LemmingLord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullcrusher View Post
"So in other words "I'm on my own" perfect. Where's my new suit with the upgrades I asked for?
"In the van."
Old 07-12-2013, 07:10 PM   #1155
Skullcrusher

Nightwatch heads to the van to get his new suit

Old 07-13-2013, 10:47 AM   #1156
ErhnamDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemmingLord View Post
"Give me the position of 13 supervillains and I will bring my nuclear children down on their position... Or think of something else.. We know have twelve minutes for me to reposition my men's trajectory... They will then land on target 90 minutes later."
"You don't have that information yourself?"

OOC: I guess you could make a Hidden Lore (Supers) roll for me here to see what I can get.

Back in the dorm...

Quote:
"How fast can you listen?" Darya asks before explaining the details in order from most to least important.

My blog.
ErhnamDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 04:15 PM   #1157
LemmingLord

[Agent Nicolle, Investigating Robbery]
[Outside The Federal Reserve Building]

Agent Nicolle prays with his bike, "Dear Father in Heaven, please give us insight into this investigation and a key to defeating the evil in this place."

Mike and Agent Nicolle: "Amen..."

[Cee, Streaker #1]
[Cee/Streaker's Dorm Room]

"How fast can you listen?" Darya asks before explaining the details in order from most to least important.

The blue glow covers Streaker #1...

[Streaker #1, Casper]
[An Ethereal Realm]

Streaker #1 finds herself on a beach at sunset; the beach is made of marbles; the lake smells of doughnuts; an attractive man in his 40s with short hair with lots of hair product approaches. He wears beachwear and sunglasses.

He pulls out a tape recorder, "Hi there sweet cheeks," whistles,"You're in your birthday suit in your mental avatar too? You have GOT to me Streaker. Good to meet you... In this place we are safe and won't take up too much real time... Could you describe the situation with a few more details...everything you can remember.. Sorry about the sweet cheeks crack... this place sometimes gets rid of inhibitions.."

[Streaker #2, GENERAL FIRST CITIZEN, Captain Shishin]
[North Korean Secret "Missile Base"]

Translated: "Give me the position of 13 supervillains and I will bring my nuclear children down on their position... Or think of something else.. We know have twelve minutes for me to reposition my men's trajectory... They will then land on target 90 minutes later."

Streaker #2: "You don't have that information yourself?"

OOC: Streaker knows the cities of several supers... and super villains.. Only two don't live amongst loads of innocents. Frost Chill lives in the Arctic protecting the wild life there and murdering anyone who comes near to bug the wildlife there or to bug him. Invulnerable "Concussion" lives on the dark side of the moon, having been thrown there during a major battle.

Translation from the GENERAL: "I know of several villains... most in the major metropolises of the United States... Eleven minutes to change my men's trajectory."

[Nightwatch]
[The Van]

Nightwatch heads to the van to get his new suit.. A woman in a trench coat and sunglasses acknowledges Nightwatch with a nod from the paseenger seat.

In the back of the van are cardboard boxes...within one is a shipping crate with Nightwatch's new suit.

The woman says, "everything you need is there."

She stays long enough to answer a few questions and give Nightwatch a few numbers to get ahold of techs who can help answer additional questions.. then she steps out and gets a taxi.
Old 07-15-2013, 03:59 PM   #1158
Skullcrusher

Nightwatch asks,"What does Cyrus want done with the opld suit and is the new one space ready? I don't want to suffocate because some nimrod forgot to put oxygen tanks in the suit.

Tags
weird supers