Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 04-09-2012, 02:32 PM   #91
ErhnamDJ

Default Re: [IC] The Streaker Fan Club (Weird Supers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemmingLord View Post
He ands $100 and a McDonalds gift certificate to the insulated package. He hands it to Streaks for her long journey.
"Thanks," she says. "I'll try to carry it. I'll probably eat on the way."

Quote:
when you reach mach 200 or whatever...
"Thirty-five thousand. Give or take."

Quote:
I am pretty sure the banks will take your tatoos as legal identification... "
"They might. I don't know about those Japanese banks. I doubt it will come to that, though. But thanks."

OOC: I don't think any of that alters the other stuff, since this happened before the stuff at the embassy.
ErhnamDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:13 PM   #92
roguebfl
Dog of Lysdexics

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErhnamDJ View Post
Majokko, you have the ability to detect minds, don't you? Can you look for specific minds? Like Millennium Man's or that alien's?"
Rosie thinks to the group, "I can try to find Millennium Man's mind but this distance makes it hard."

[OOC: it a Sense Roll so GM rolls my Base is 16 Tokyo is 6741.877 crow flies miles from New York city (3,000 to 10,000 mi is -10 modifier), geostationary orbit, 22,236 mi (10,000 to 30,000 mi is -11 for range) plus what ever other midifers the GM was to apply to the sensing) ]
roguebfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:11 PM   #93
Lamech

Quote:
Assuming Cee got everyone and took them inside.

In the apartment...

Streaker #1 will pull the table and chairs to the center of the room. "Hello, everyone. Please, take a seat. I'm currently on my way to Tokyo right now to look for Millennium Man. I figure he's as involved as we are, and it would help to pool our resources and knowledge. Rosie and Cee, can you help me find his location? Majokko, you have the ability to detect minds, don't you? Can you look for specific minds? Like Millennium Man's or that alien's?"

Then she sits back down at her computer and looks at the map of Tokyo.

OOC: Cee can do some kind of Detect for him, right?
I could lock down the Millennium Man, on the other hand I could also start a strike against the aliens. But either would take a while to set up and I can't do both at the same time. So which would we prefer? And on the topic of pooling knowledge, again pulling knowledge down from my blessing, I don't think there are any human groups with FTL yet, but there are some working on it, specifically the SIA.
Hiriko
Andrew
Lamech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:13 PM   #94
zoncxs

"well, I'm pretty useless in this situation." chuckles Mythos. while he leans back on the chair given to him to sit on.

"I think I might be a bit more useful with some down to earth, or just earth, problems like the shooting earlier today. I would like to go to that scene, It might have something to do with Sǐshén and that would become my personal problem."

He then puts his hand on the sides of the seat and raises himself up to perform a L and begins to hold it for a few moments, relaxes, then does it again.
zoncxs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:46 PM   #95
ErhnamDJ

In the apartment...

"Rosie, how about you try to find Millennium Man? Even if it is a long shot, it's still worth a try. I think Cee can help, too."

OOC: I'm referring to Cee's Visualization ability here. It's easy to add Blessing, Others Only, +0% to it, isn't it? Or you could purchase it as an Alternative Ability to your main Visualization for only one point, if you put a limitation on it.

"And if that doesn't work, I think I can still find him through other means. I'd say it's more important for us to learn more about the aliens. Did we ever find out more about that telescope? We still haven't even confirmed that there are aliens, have we?"

Quote:
"well, I'm pretty useless in this situation." chuckles Mythos. while he leans back on the chair given to him to sit on.

"I think I might be a bit more useful with some down to earth, or just earth, problems like the shooting earlier today. I would like to go to that scene, It might have something to do with Sǐshén and that would become my personal problem."
"Have you ever worked a police investigation before?"
Old 04-09-2012, 11:22 PM   #96
Michael Thayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
Ameretat grinds her teeth together, her brow creasing. "Then you must find me someone who does. 'Streaker?' That is the name the treasure hunter gave me. She is supposed to be an object of much reverence among these people."
The women freeze. "Of course your holiness," the younger one says. "How could we be so foolish. Forgive us. But Streaker never stays in one place for very long."
Michael Thayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:49 PM   #97
Michael Thayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by roguebfl View Post
Rosie thinks to the group, "I can try to find Millennium Man's mind but this distance makes it hard."

[OOC: it a Sense Roll so GM rolls my Base is 16 Tokyo is 6741.877 crow flies miles from New York city (3,000 to 10,000 mi is -10 modifier), geostationary orbit, 22,236 mi (10,000 to 30,000 mi is -11 for range) plus what ever other midifers the GM was to apply to the sensing) ]
Ack, totally forgot about your Detect ability. Rosie can't seem to find Millennium Man (though sometimes individual minds get lost in the crowd for you). She can sense dozens of minds in orbit, and whatever they are they aren't much like the minds she's used to sensing.

EDIT: Also, you could try for a sense roll for Ameretat, and then contact her with Telesend. After all, aliens might find a true angel very scary.
Michael Thayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:01 AM   #98
roguebfl
Dog of Lysdexics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Thayne View Post
Ack, totally forgot about your Detect ability. Rosie can't seem to find Millennium Man (though sometimes individual minds get lost in the crowd for you). She can sense dozens of minds in orbit, and whatever they are they aren't much like the minds she's used to sensing.

EDIT: Also, you could try for a sense roll for Ameretat, and then contact her with Telesend. After all, aliens might find a true angel very scary.
Rosie on failing to find Millennium Man tries to narrow in on the closet alien Mind, as she suspect some alien scouts hiding on the planet they should be closer than the one in orbit and also likely to know a bit more than a random crew member of an alien ship. Once she has Isolated an alien mind she will try to norrow in and try to establish a mind probe look for info on why they are on earth... she will drop the telepathic hub's multi-contact if she encounter resistance so that she can try again with out the penality. And she not being subt about dropping the hub contact so party member should be aware when she drops connect. She will try subtily first with the alien though but if she failer at subtle she will be blanent.

[OCC note: while universal should mean she can read most alien minds she would probable mistake an angel's mind for alien on first encounter, so Ameretat might just be the the closet 'alien' to her at the Moment.

Edit: I figured she would fail with Millennium Man on the bases of a TDM on top of range for not know enought about his mind to isslotate his mind from all the others. Telesending Ameretat on find out her posers for being 'here' makes sencse IF she knew her]

Last edited by roguebfl; 04-10-2012 at 12:10 AM.
roguebfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:15 AM   #99
LemmingLord

Quote:
Assuming Cee got everyone and took them inside.

In the apartment...

Streaker #1 will pull the table and chairs to the center of the room. "Hello, everyone. Please, take a seat. I'm currently on my way to Tokyo right now to look for Millennium Man. I figure he's as involved as we are, and it would help to pool our resources and knowledge. Rosie and Cee, can you help me find his location? Majokko, you have the ability to detect minds, don't you? Can you look for specific minds? Like Millennium Man's or that alien's?"

Then she sits back down at her computer and looks at the map of Tokyo.
Fidelis makes introductions as he can fit in to the conversation, though he's really hoping to learn more about what to call this colleague of Streaker's, "We're the Streaker Fan Club.. This is Golden Dragon, master of martial arts and the forces of inner perfected self... This is Majokko, student of all powers of the mind... I am Fidelis...", thinking about his powers a moment, "I guess I'm the quartermaster of the club. "

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamech View Post
I could lock down the Millennium Man, on the other hand I could also start a strike against the aliens. But either would take a while to set up and I can't do both at the same time. So which would we prefer? And on the topic of pooling knowledge, again pulling knowledge down from my blessing, I don't think there are any human groups with FTL yet, but there are some working on it, specifically the SIA.
Fidelis is respectful of whatever rituals this woman is doing to bless the club, "thank you...."

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoncxs View Post

He then puts his hand on the sides of the seat and raises himself up to perform a L and begins to hold it for a few moments, relaxes, then does it again.
Someone asks, "do you have any experience in police procedure?"

Fidelis hmmms, "How else would he get experience but to tag along? You are right, though, that the police are unlikely to let us do so.. Which is another reason why we are very fortunate that you have allowed us to join up with you.."

Fidelis opens up his briefcase (or Majokko's knapsack" and pulls out the Streaker scrapbook and sits back quizzing GD about Streaker's mightiest battles...
Old 04-10-2012, 06:30 AM   #100
ErhnamDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemmingLord View Post
Fidelis hmmms, "How else would he get experience but to tag along?
Streaker is still sitting at the computer, staring at the Tokyo map she has on the screen.

While she's doing that, she talks idly, just making conversation. "I think that's more of a thing where you have to have certain knowledge, not just experience. Sherlock Holmes had to know everything to do his cases. I think modern police work is the same. Have you ever watched Dexter? Just look at what all goes into looking at blood samples to do detective work there. You either have to be a genius, like Holmes, or you have to be part of a team of experts who have spent years--maybe decades--perfectly their craft and gaining the knowledge required to do that kind of work. I don't think any of us are anything like that. Maybe that Nightwatch guy is. What all do we know about him? If you're really interested in the shooting, maybe you should try to get in touch with Nightwatch. He's more likely to let you get involved than are the police. Just think of the legal consequences for them bringing in outsiders. What happens if you accidentally destroy evidence, or something like that? You really have to know what you're doing at a crime scene like that. Especially with murders. Even disturbing a single hair can be enough to let the killer get away with it undetected. And then you have things like illegally obtaining evidence, where it gets thrown out, and then you end up doing nothing more than obstructing the police. They're the trained professionals. There's things they can do that we can't, and things we can do that they can't."

Tags
weird supers