Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 03-10-2013, 09:34 PM   #1
LemmingLord

Default OOC: Mirror Universe Trek

Space... the final battlefield... these are the voyages of the Imperial Flagship Enterprise. Her five year mission... to explore and conquer strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilization to serve the Earth Empire... To boldly go where no man has gone before..

Star Trek: The Mirror Universe will be a GURPS RPG PBP open to two to four players. Players can play one of the main characters of the alternate universe of the original series of Star Trek manning the Enterprise that we all know and love (or to a character we haven't yet heard of who help man the enterprise).

Character Creation. General character background will be selected, discussed and approved and then characters will be as many points necessary to make that character. We will make heavy use of Bang! skills based on ship position. Characters based on standard universe will have the destiny advantage which will give them plot protection... at least until the episode "mirror mirror" which we are unlikely to get to...

Captain James T Kirk - ericthered
Lt. Commander Spock - fifiste
Lieutenant Jr. Grade Rachael Krendall - LadyArcana

Last edited by LemmingLord; 05-25-2013 at 10:35 AM.
LemmingLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:39 PM   #2
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: OOC: Mirror Universe Trek

How much do we need to know about Trek to play?

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:54 PM   #3
LemmingLord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
How much do we need to know about Trek to play?
It might be good to have seen an episode or two, but I am happy to fill you in if you have questions.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:34 PM   #4
ladyarcana55

Ooh...

Can't resist...gotta be in one of your games. I'm in if you will have me, LL!
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:46 PM   #5
LemmingLord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
Ooh...

Can't resist...gotta be in one of your games. I'm in if you will have me, LL!
You made my day. Thanks, m' lady. :) Of course I would be honored to have you play; though this will be unlike any other game I've run here.

The mirror universe of star trek is a very dark place where the characters are bold in a very different way than in the regular trek universe. This is probably only the second "lawful evil" campaign I've ever decided to run. I am very curious how the crew of the Imperial Starship Enterprise would have dealt with the same situations faced by the good crew...

Here is an excerpt from the wiki on the subject of the mirror star trek universe:

Quote:
The characters in the Mirror Universe are generally the same as the characters in "normal" Star Trek continuity (for example, it has a James T. Kirk and a Spock), but their personalities are, on the whole, much more aggressive, mistrustful, and opportunistic. Whereas the Star Trek universe usually depicts an optimistic future in which the Earth-based United Federation of Planets values peace and understanding, episodes set in the Mirror Universe show the galaxy to be marred by continual warfare, with compassion seen as a liability. Uniforms are often more suggestive, such as women baring midriffs, and men with tighter pants.

In the 23rd century, during the original series of Star Trek, humanity had enslaved dozens of alien worlds and formed the Terran Empire instead of the United Federation of Planets (as exists in the main Star Trek universe). Officers were barbaric aboard Starships and discipline was enforced through torture — crew members carried agonizers and ships were fitted with agony booths. Officers could advance rank by killing superiors who they thought were incompetent. Roman/Nazi-style military salutes were used by all crew members to show loyalty.

Last edited by LemmingLord; 03-11-2013 at 07:41 PM.
LemmingLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:14 PM   #6
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemmingLord View Post
You made my day. Thanks, m' lady. :) Of course I would be honored to have you play; though this will be unlike any other game I've run here.

The mirror universe of star trek is a very dark place where the characters are bold in a very different way than in the regular trek universe. This is probably only the second "lawful evil" campaign I've ever decided to run. I am very curious how the crew of the Imperial Starship Enterprise would have dealt with the same situations faced by the good crew...

Here is an excerpt from the wiki on the subject of the mirror star trek universe:
Ooh...a tough one for me, but I'm willing to give it a shot
Old 03-12-2013, 10:19 PM   #7
LemmingLord

Got character ideas?
Old 03-12-2013, 10:36 PM   #8
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Got character ideas?
I was thinking an engineer who specializes in weapons technology.

"I don't necessarily play with the toys, I just make them. You break them I fix them."
Old 03-13-2013, 11:09 AM   #9
LemmingLord

Ill write up a template to start with for you tonight. What are the characters ambitions? You would report to the helm controller or to engineering.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:17 PM   #10
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Ill write up a template to start with for you tonight. What are the characters ambitions? You would report to the helm controller or to engineering.
She wants to create the ultimate weapon. She also wants to be the name and face people think of and see when they talk about the greatest weaponry. She wants to be the one worlds fight over.