Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 04-05-2012, 01:56 AM   #1
Michael Thayne

Default [IC] The Streaker Fan Club (Weird Supers)

People who made their Current Affairs roll (I think that's Mythos, Rose, and Cee):

According to news reports, six men and one woman were found shot to death in an apartment yesterday "in what police say may be gang-related violence."

Danilo:

When Danilo gets to the police station, everyone is watching TV. Everyone. And a police offer who recognizes him says, "Hey, check this out." Apparently Earth has just received a message from extraterrestrials. Nothing like this has ever happened before. There have been plenty of rumors of covert extraterrestrial contact, but if this is for real, it will be the first instance of overt alien contact in human history.

Rose:

A few minutes after 9:00, just as she's about to walk into her next class, one of Rose's classmates stops her and, "Oh my god, did you hear? We just got a message from outer space!"

Cee:

At one point during her first class of the day, two students (one of whom has a laptop out) begin whispering with each other. The professor stops her lecture to tell them that if they have something to contribute, they should share it with the whole class. To which the student with the laptop responds, "Um, it's just that aliens are invading." The entire class laughs. The student tries to get out a "No really! They are!" but the professor continues her lecture.

A few minutes later, another student with a laptop raises his hand. "Professor? Aliens really are invading." The professor rolls her eyes and responds, "Listen, if you want to talk about the alien invasion, you can do it after class."

Darya:

With almost an hour to go before her first class, Darya is eating breakfast at a local restaurant when she overhears some people talking rather loudly about what's on one of the TVs in the corner. Unusually, they turn on the sound...
Michael Thayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:17 AM   #2
ErhnamDJ

Default Re: [IC] The Streaker Fan Club (Weird Supers)

Darya will pull out her Nokia 3310 and give Cee a call. "Hey, are you seeing this?"
ErhnamDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 03:44 AM   #3
Michael Thayne

Note: given Darya's action, Cee should get the call before what I described above, potentially changing things. Unless her phone is off/Cee is a good girl and says "sorry" and turns the phone off.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:14 AM   #4
Lamech

I'll look at the phone and when I see who it is. When I see its Darya I'll step outside. "Please, tell me nothing too terrible is happening."
Hiriko
Andrew
Lamech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:27 AM   #5
ErhnamDJ

"Is this really something we should be discussing over the phone? Anyway, it looks like these aliens are trying to disarm the people of earth, like they intend to destroy all the weapons of mass destruction. Or they're some people playing a prank or something. Anyway, if it's aliens... well, we should meet in person. Where are you? I'll be there in a few seconds."
Old 04-05-2012, 06:03 AM   #6
LemmingLord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Thayne View Post
Danilo:

When Danilo gets to the police station, everyone is watching TV. Everyone. And a police offer who recognizes him says, "Hey, check this out." Apparently Earth has just received a message from extraterrestrials. Nothing like this has ever happened before. There have been plenty of rumors of covert extraterrestrial contact, but if this is for real, it will be the first instance of overt alien contact in human history.
Danilo stands with his mouth open watching with NYPD's finest. This has interrupted his prepared plan for the day (and perhaps for his life).

"Santa Madre de Dios..." Danilo says under his breath. He says a quick prayer.

He starts thinking about how this is going to affect the good people of the earth. He stands closer to the officer who recognized him, "do you think there will be riots?"

Danilo pulls out his iphone and texts his friends and family, "omg... i love you guys... stay calm and bar your door just in case..."

He uses the phone to send an email to Streaker's hard-to-trace email account in the cloud, "chaos and panic will be here any minute - do you want the club to meet you somewhere?"
Old 04-05-2012, 06:33 AM   #7
Lamech

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErhnamDJ View Post
"Is this really something we should be discussing over the phone? Anyway, it looks like these aliens are trying to disarm the people of earth, like they intend to destroy all the weapons of mass destruction. Or they're some people playing a prank or something. Anyway, if it's aliens... well, we should meet in person. Where are you? I'll be there in a few seconds."
"I'm just outside room 359 of the Wayne, well see you in a couple seconds."

OOC: The Wayne is just a random made up building name.
Hiriko
Andrew
Lamech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:48 AM   #8
roguebfl
Dog of Lysdexics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Thayne View Post
Rose:

A few minutes after 9:00, just as she's about to walk into her next class, one of Rose's classmates stops her and, "Oh my god, did you hear? We just got a message from outer space!"
"Nani?!," Rosie ask astonishingly and she pulled out her pink smartphone by it hello kitty phone strap from her side pocket of her schoolbag. "No I hadn't, what did it say?" she told her friend and she tried to load a streaming news site. Rosie decided to trust her friend an not to try to read her mind to see if it was a prank, mostly cause it not the type of humor her friend went for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemmingLord View Post
He uses the phone to send an email to Streaker's hard-to-trace email account in the cloud, "chaos and panic will be here any minute - do you want the club to meet you somewhere?"
Rosie see Danilo's income mail message but she does not want to risk opening with her friend looking at he phone so she reaches out with her mind to try to lock on to Danilo's mind to open open up a 2 way mindlink to fined out what his message was while the news page loads

Last edited by roguebfl; 04-05-2012 at 06:57 AM.
roguebfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:52 AM   #9
Michael Thayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemmingLord View Post
Danilo stands with his mouth open watching with NYPD's finest. This has interrupted his prepared plan for the day (and perhaps for his life).

"Santa Madre de Dios..." Danilo says under his breath. He says a quick prayer.

He starts thinking about how this is going to affect the good people of the earth. He stands closer to the officer who recognized him, "do you think there will be riots?"

Danilo pulls out his iphone and texts his friends and family, "omg... i love you guys... stay calm and bar your door just in case..."

"I don't know," the officer tells him, eyes still glued to the screen.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:03 AM   #10
ErhnamDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamech View Post
"I'm just outside room 359 of the Wayne, well see you in a couple seconds."
"All right."

Darya walks outside, mutters "I'll be right back," to the waitress as she passes her, and then goes around back to the dumpster. There an exact duplicate of her flickers into being. Exact in form, but unclothed. Somehow the tattoo sticks. Whatever.

Darya walks back inside and sits back down to her breakfast. She smiles at the waitress as she does, then continues to shoveling french toast sticks down her throat as quickly as possible without drawing attention to herself.

Streaker, now outside, smooths her hair down. Darya wears her hair back with a headband. Streaker wears hers down, nearly covering her entire face. She looks around for what to her seems a few seconds, but is in reality less time than can be measured by any scientific apparatus yet developed by man. Then she takes off.

Cardiac Stress, for Enhanced Move (3d6=7)

She zigs and she zags, over to the highway, around the traffic, and back to the school. She takes the long way, a few hundred extra miles, to see the reactions people are having to the aliens. Or the hoax. Whatever it is.

Arriving about a tenth of a second later outside her dorm, she jumps up fifteen feet and grabs the key she keeps on the ledge and lets herself in. She quickly puts her extra clothes on and smooths back her hair. Streaker disappears and Darya #2 takes over. She moves quickly, but not too quickly to the Wayne, where she meets up with Cee.

"Listen," she says. "This can't be good. They're going after weapons of mass destruction. Well, I'm rated at 12 megatons. What do you think that means for me? And what about you? How many seconds would it take for you to whip up a tsar bomba? Would it even be more than an hour? We need to take a good hard look into this." Her stomach rumbles. Loud. "Damn. Walk with me. I'm about to pass out from hunger here."

And, while #2 is doing that, #1 goes and gets some more bacon at the buffet. She tries to stack up what's left in the tray so it doesn't look like she's taken so much. She's tired from that little trick with the duplicate. It takes a lot out of her.

Tags
weird supers