Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 10-24-2011, 01:37 PM   #71
Ulthar88

Default Re: [IC] A Stranger Land

(ooc: if anyone wishes to pursue further conversation with the minotaur, you can. Otherwise, he will take his leave...)

Groundthunder heaves his pack onto his shoulders and looks up at the sky. "Rains late this season. Still not today." He looks at you and waves, "I go hide from sun soon. You should do too." With that he heads off in the opposite direction.

Lamech: the goblins have nothing on them but crude makeshift armor tunics (more like small ponchos of heavy hide) and their weapons. If they had any other gear, they must have stashed it somewhere before attacking you. As for metal, you collect two heavy-bladed short swords (built rather like stunted broadswords) and three daggers, all of poor quality iron; altogether about 8 pounds worth.
Ulthar88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 03:20 PM   #72
zoncxs

Gale watches as the Minotaur makes his leave, keeping an eye on him he gestures in the direction of where they need to go and says "we need to make haste, lets hope there is a good spot to rest from the sun close by or else we may be in trouble."

(OOC: I am already lugging around a lot of stuff, about 90lbs worth so I can't carry the Iron.)
zoncxs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 08:01 PM   #73
Lamech

This stuff is heavy, hey I have an idea how about I cast something to make all this hiking easier, and probably a little faster. Plus it might tell me something about this place's mana...

OOC: I'm carrying 20lbs of stuff, and the iron moves me up a lift category, so it would be painful to try and carry all of it myself.
Hiriko
Andrew
Lamech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 05:49 AM   #74
Skullcrusher

Rorik gathers up the metal. "I shall carry it. My pack will be pretty much bursting at the seams after that."

OOC: Still at light encumberance.

"We should get moving the Minotaur speaks true. Soon we will bake in the Sun's heat. He seems to be heading int he opposite direction of the town he spoke of. Perhaps we should follow him to shelter and then travel to the town at night."

Randal Kane - Trent Bauer
Skullcrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 06:26 PM   #75
Lamech

Regardless, I'm going to try and cast something to help us with all this hiking. If you guys stay close it will help you too.
So I cast the blessing of the moon spell.
Spoiler:  

So everyone who stayed close gets +2 ST, +2HT**

Also how did the casting go? I notice anything weird?

Anyway lets hurry to where were going. I did think the minotaur was cool. Although I kind of want to see what the town is like.

*And this does nothing because I forgot about my magery reserve.
**Capped at no more than 20%... (I.E. I only get +1 ST.)
Hiriko
Andrew

Last edited by Lamech; 10-25-2011 at 11:07 PM.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:44 PM   #76
zoncxs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamech View Post
Regardless, I'm going to try and cast something to help us with all this hiking. If you guys stay close it will help you too.

Anyway lets hurry to where were going. I did think the minotaur was cool. Although I kind of want to see what the town is like.

**Capped at no more than 20%... (I.E. I only get +1 ST.)
(OOC: yay so that means I now have a ST of 18 and HT of 14, that is helpful! I now can carrying another 30lbs before going into medium encumbrance, as long as I am within 2 yards of you lol.)

"Traveling at night in a place we do not know is danger that we can avoid, but if this town is too far away and we get caught in the heat, well I know what happens to a body inside bronze, its not pretty. Let's follow Thunderground then, maybe he can tell us more about this place too."
Old 10-25-2011, 06:52 PM   #77
Lamech

Quote:
(OOC: yay so that means I now have a ST of 18 and HT of 14, that is helpful! I now can carrying another 30lbs before going into medium encumbrance, as long as I am within 2 yards of you lol.)
The idea was that it would change the traits of everyone in two yards, and that change would stick around for a month. No need to stick around a certain area, and conversely you can't get it by getting close.
Hiriko
Andrew
Old 10-25-2011, 07:56 PM   #78
Ulthar88

Lamech --
(ooc: On the spell calculation, shouldn't ST+2 & HT+2 cost a total of 40? Still seems darn cheap for a 30 day duration... yow.)

Quote:
Also how did the casting go? I notice anything weird?
The energy worked in the way you wanted, and the spell worked correctly, but the flow of mana was most definitely unlike anything you've felt before... (make a Thaumatology roll).

Everyone --
When Groundthunder moved off, you could see he was moving at a surprisingly quick pace on his long legs. If you wish to follow or pursue, all of you will have to succeed at Hiking rolls to keep up with him.
Ulthar88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 08:08 PM   #79
zoncxs

Quote:
The idea was that it would change the traits of everyone in two yards, and that change would stick around for a month. No need to stick around a certain area, and conversely you can't get it by getting close.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulthar88 View Post
Lamech --
(ooc: On the spell calculation, shouldn't ST+2 & HT+2 cost a total of 40? Still seems darn cheap for a 30 day duration... yow.)

The energy worked in the way you wanted, and the spell worked correctly, but the flow of mana was most definitely unlike anything you've felt before... (make a Thaumatology roll).

Everyone --
When Groundthunder moved off, you could see he was moving at a surprisingly quick pace on his long legs. If you wish to follow or pursue, all of you will have to succeed at Hiking rolls to keep up with him.
(OOC: with HT of 14 I now have hiking at 14 soo:3d6=14 that was close!)
Old 10-25-2011, 11:11 PM   #80
Lamech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulthar88 View Post
Lamech --
Indeed, the duration cost is low for MH magic. And right. Thankfully I gathered 60. I think I changed it in my head, but not the energy totals.

Quote:
Skill 16 Roll 10
Quote:
Everyone --
The chase is on! Skill 11 Roll 8
Hiriko
Andrew

Tags
a stranger land