Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-28-2011, 11:53 AM   #1
Piperdog

Default Gurps Dungeon Lite

You know, I have played Gurps since the 80's, and it has been our groups mainstay for many years. But in recent years, I really wanted to lighten the rules, and the Gurps Lite really isn't what I mean. I ended up going to Savage Worlds and Cortex, because it is just faster and less cumbersome. In the end, though, I miss the simple concept of rolling 3d6 under my skill. Doesn't get any easier than that, right? I understand the whole BANG! skill thing, but that is TOO light for me. I was really hoping that for Dungeon Fantasy someone would write a "powered by Gurps" sort of subgame. You could have many skills grouped together, like Bladed Weapons, Blunt Weapons, or even all together like Melee, Ranged, Subterfuge, etc. with advantages allowing further customization. Not sure how to go about it but I really don't play Gurps anymore. I miss it in a lot of ways, but just can't get into it anymore as is. I started looking into old copies of Advanced Fantasy Trip to create some sort of hybrid for my group. I wish SJG would just create a simpler version, a similar but modified game. (Don't say Ultralite, because thats too light also. I know I know...I am hard to please lol).
Piperdog is offline   Reply With Quote