Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 04-06-2021, 08:36 PM   #21
Tim Kauffman

Default Re: The plastic Dopp...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranitePenguin View Post
I would think the tread color would match the base unit, but I also don't know where asking about the MK VI color comes from; the only goof being addressed is the Dopp treads. The MK VI treads are fine.
Just asking if the Dopp and Mk6 will ever be available as a Blue colored Dopp and a Red colored Mk6 in a future release...or is this Set from the KS all there ever will be available.

It's a "add-on" question. :)
Old 04-07-2021, 07:12 AM   #22
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Kauffman View Post
Just asking if the Dopp and Mk6 will ever be available as a Blue colored Dopp and a Red colored Mk6 in a future release...or is this Set from the KS all there ever will be available.

It's a "add-on" question. :)
Highly unlikely.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 03:19 PM   #23
poi

I’ve lost track of where we are with this. When is the next project due, that will include the fixed tracks?

Honk if Pluto is a planet
poi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 08:13 AM   #24
philreed
I do stuff and things.

No news. We'll make an announcement when things are ready. Work is still happening with the CAD files and navigating the problems generated by a global pandemic.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 01:37 PM   #25
poi

Please release the replacement tracks as an stl so we can get them printed ourselves.

Honk if Pluto is a planet
poi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 02:22 PM   #26
Cavetroll69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Scribe View Post
Or just do what I did: Glue the treads on as-is, paint the model, and realize that no one I play with will notice from across the tabletop, or care if they do.
I think we have a winner, folks!
Cavetroll69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 08:50 AM   #27
HeatDeath

In my headcanon, the treads issue is an extremely disturbing in-universe portent and story hook.

From http://www.sjgames.com/ogre/articles...d/factory.html :
Quote:
Beneath their concrete bunkers, the self-aware production facilities became the basis of the new world order. And they had their own survival priorities. The only weapon large enough, strong enough, and smart enough to cripple one of these underground fortresses was the juggernaut Ogre. For good reason, the Factories have not produced a single one since the end of the Last War.
In the Factory States era, a balance of power has been established across most of the Norther Hemisphere. No Ogres have been built since the end of the Last War. And for very good reasons.

But after years of gradually declining numbers of Ogre sightings, Ogres have been seen that are demonstrably different from anything built during the Last War. Doppelsoldners, similar in capability to those produced during the War, but of unmistakably new construction, have been seen performing light probing raids against dozens of installations around the world. Somebody has broken the post-war informal ban on Ogre production.

But who? And why? And to what end?

And where will they strike next?

No one is safe, and no one is above suspicion.

Dun-dun-DUNH!
HeatDeath is offline   Reply With Quote