Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Illuminati Headquarters > Daily Illuminator

Old 10-18-2020, 11:00 PM   #1
RoboAdmin
Spam Assassin

Default October 19, 2020: Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game Supplements In Print

October 19, 2020: Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game Supplements In Print

Read this article on the Illuminator.
RoboAdmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 05:21 PM   #2
Balok

Default Re: October 19, 2020: Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game Supplements In Print

I am generally interested in things GURPS and Dungeon Fantasy.
Balok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 09:15 PM   #3
Rasputin

Default Re: October 19, 2020: Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game Supplements In Print

Of course I'd love to see another DFRPG book! Two ideas for them:

Dungeon Fantasy: First Level. 48 pages. A book for low-point adventuring. Since this requires the DFRPG boxed set, this prevents possible cannibalization of sales of The Fantasy Trip (though I don't think this is an issue anyways). Templates would present fewer choices for customization for faster character creation, plus an equipment loadout. I see about 22-24 pages worth of 125- or 150-point templates to mimic each DFRPG professional template, possibly with race-as-class templates if there's enough room; 2 pages of about 15 low-powered traps; 2 pages of additional magic items; 8 pages of monsters with one monster to a page (and artwork accompanying); 4-6 pages of monsters (about two to a page, so 8-10) that don't need artwork (stuff like giant centipedes and wolves); the rest dedicated to GM advice for this point level as well as the index and title page.

Cardboard Heroes. This is reprinting the classic in a boxed set. While this isn't DFRPG-specific in of itself, reprinting these would beg the question: where are their GURPS/DFRPG and TFT stats? The answer would be in PDFs, possibly printed, that would be add-ons in this Kickstarter. Cardboard Heroes would thus be a gateway drug for DFRPG and TFT. Artwork costs aren't an issue, as SJG already owns this artwork.

My GURPS blog.
Rasputin is offline   Reply With Quote