Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V. > Ogre Video Game

Old 06-01-2018, 08:20 AM   #1
AurochJake

Default Ogre Screenshot Contest (with PRIZES)

We have a cache of awesome Ogre goodies, signed by Steve Jackson himself, to give away! First, we have a copy of Ogre Reinforcements for Ogre Sixth Edition, with an array of new units, rules and scenarios to play, as well as a signed copy of 40 Years of Ogre. This is an insert which contains a full copy of the map, units to cut out, full ruleset, as well as full instructions on how to run the Bad Timing scenario.

..."And what do I need to do to get my hands on this amazing swag?", we hear you ask.

All you need to do is submit your best Ogre screenshots to the Steam Community screenshot section.

There’s no particular rules or theme, it can be funny, an impressive victory, a futile battle, a creative use of the Scenario Creator... you’re free to submit what you like! We just want to see submissions that really scream ‘Ogre’.

To enter yourself in the competition, upload your screenshot to the Steam Community page for the game, then send an email to jake@aurochdigital.com with the subject line ‘Screenshot Competition’ and a link to your screenshot.
The competition closes on June 19th.

We’ve recently updated the game which addressed an issue with multiplayer games not loading correctly, a ramming issue, and some issues around terrain and movement. If you haven’t had a chance to check out the update, be sure to let us know your thoughts and leave a review if you haven’t yet!

Thanks, we can’t wait to see what you come up with!

If you need a little inspiration, why not check out the prizes and some examples of our favourite screenshots so far?

Last edited by AurochJake; 06-05-2018 at 07:39 AM.
AurochJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 10:34 AM   #2
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Default Re: Ogre Screenshot Contest (with PRIZES)

Reminder... This competition closes today. Get those screenshots in!
Old 06-19-2018, 06:52 PM   #3
Tim Kauffman

GP...this is as far as I can get with "replacing" the image files...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128248...posted-public/

I don't know how to actually "replace" a file. I'll need a step-by-step from this point or ARMY OF ONE won't make it in time for consideration.

I'm not sending in a screenshot that is unedited showing all the game UI,ect. The whole idea behind ARMY OF ONE was it's obviously a screen capture from the game, but after I did the editing it looks like a clean image of the subject matter...like a picture. If I can't use the final iteration I worked to make the best it could be then that's just too bad. Here's the one I would like to enter because it's the final version on my Flicker Page:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128248...7665485364077/

Which is the same one featured in the favorites from AUROCH on Imgur, with someone elses that has edited text on it, which is only possible if it was done outside of STEAM in editing software...which means the two favorites you have posted can't actually be posted on STEAM since they are not on STEAM.

I get wanting to keep this stuff on STEAM, but by doing so, you have completely excluded images that were taken into editing software to become their final versions, as these cannot be uploaded back to STEAM.
(Unless GP's method is used).

Please consider also accepting links to peoples edited images...they all originated on STEAM after all.

Last edited by Tim Kauffman; 06-19-2018 at 06:56 PM.
Tim Kauffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 07:28 PM   #4
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Kauffman View Post
GP...this is as far as I can get with "replacing" the image files...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128248...posted-public/

I don't know how to actually "replace" a file. I'll need a step-by-step from this point or ARMY OF ONE won't make it in time for consideration.
Ok, you are almost there. The trick is you have to literally replace the "real" file named 20180619201030_1 with your ARMY OF ONE file. In other words,
  1. move 20180619201030_1 out (to your desktop or something) and rename ARMY OF ONE to 20180619201030_1. (should be a jpg file).
  2. Then go into the thumbnails folder and do the same thing (but scale the file down; the thumbnails are tiny in comparison).
  3. Restart Steam and go back into the screenshot uploader. You should now see your image in place of the original one.

I don't know if the file dimensions need to be the same or not (mine happened to already match), but I imagine it doesn't care that much.

Hope that helps.
Old 06-19-2018, 09:28 PM   #5
Tim Kauffman

Ok...figured it out and entered it in the contest with the email and link to the submission to Jake about 40 minutes before the deadline...Whew!

Thanks GP. This would not have happened without your help. Much appreciated.

Here's the link to the image on STEAM:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1416827807
Old 06-19-2018, 10:15 PM   #6
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Kauffman View Post
Ok...figured it out and entered it in the contest with the email and link to the submission to Jake about 40 minutes before the deadline...Whew!
Glad you got it in. Good luck :-)
Old 06-27-2018, 09:05 AM   #7
AurochJake

HUGE congratulations to our screenshot winner, PZMCGWIRE, for his fantastic recreation of Coronado Island in a custom Invasion of San Diego scenario, made in the Scenario Creator.

Prizes will be sent out very soon. Thanks to all those who took part!

You can check out his submission here! :)
Old 06-27-2018, 09:50 AM   #8
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AurochJake View Post
HUGE congratulations to our screenshot winner, PZMCGWIRE, for his fantastic recreation of Coronado Island in a custom Invasion of San Diego scenario, made in the Scenario Creator.
That really is a beautiful map. Well done. :-)
Old 06-27-2018, 09:50 AM   #9
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Will you have a compilation of all the entrants? It would be cool to see what people submitted.
Old 06-27-2018, 10:55 AM   #10
AurochJake

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranitePenguin View Post
Will you have a compilation of all the entrants? It would be cool to see what people submitted.
Nice idea - I'll put together an album and share that around :)