Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-06-2013, 12:53 PM   #1
DarkForce

Default OOC: The Infinite, Interest and Q&A; possible offical OOC

So I have been running a star wars game on RPOL.net and it has been taking off with out a hitch. I would like to run the same game and story here with some difference.

Here is the Teaser Tag:

"The Galaxy has gone through a war between the Empire and the Rebellion. There is still a lot of Imperial fleets and high ranking officers. There are 7 that are in favor of rebuilding the Republic.

There 7 Moffs(this is like the Highest ranked general) are all in peace talks with the Rebel Alliance. Things are going well. Mon Mothma, the leader of the Rebel Alliance, is making great headway with the Moffs to re-create the Senate and rebuild the Republic.

However 1 Moff, Moff Garren does not agree with these peace talks. He has set about to destroy and assassinate the newly formed senate as well as the rebel leader and steal one of the greatest kept secrets in the Empire."

Here are some notes about the game...

1. It bends Cannon to damn well breaking it. If you are a hardcore fan boi you will not like it.

2. It will be low on the Jedi/Sith side. As in Players will be very limited as Jedi's. This is because at this point in the star wars universe there are only 4 known Jedi/sith, and 3 of them are dead.

3. The Beginning part will be a little bit railed with the decisions of the party changing the objectives that come right after the intro. So if you feel railed and do not like it, just hold out for a little bit. If you do not like that at all and you can't be a little patient, this might not be for you.

Here are some Character creation guidlines:

You are some of the best people at what you do. You are skilled and trained.

Players start at 400 CP. Try to make your characters with good advantages that would define your type of player. A Slicer would have lots of advantages that define a hacker as well as the skills back it up. There are no templates so really try to define and chisel out your character.

There is a -50 cp disadvantage limit.

At least 100 Points must be spent in skills. You will be using these skills and will be required to face the out comes of them. While I won't make you use skills to walk and breath, you will need skills to do things like shoot, pilot, slice(star wars hacking), be a doctor, ETC. If fail rolls you fail rolls. The consequences will come and the group need to deal with them.

Everyone will need to identify with either the Rebels or the Imperials. No ifs, ands, or Buts about it. Also you must roll play it out. Imps and Rebels just got done with the war and Rebels just embarrassingly defeated the imps for the second time...

Turns in combat.
At the beginning of combat we will take everyone's speed and average it out. This will be done to the opposition as well, what ever side has the higher average speed will go first. Then all players that are on that side will take their turn. Once everyone has done so, the other side will go.

forbidden Advantages.
Static- This in a star wars game applies to force users. This can only be taken as a racial. No one is natural force static unless it is a racial thing. For example, Yuzon Vong are Force Static as well as Cheron, and Ysmalri.

Unkillable

Hard to kill/subdue past level 2.

Tech Level is 11.
exclude all Nano tech of any kind.
All guns are blasters or modified forms of them use the Blasers on page 123 of ultra tech as you guide. Plasma weapons are acceptable. Anti-partical weapons are allowed, but are Illegal and require license to own and operate out side of the military.

Trandoshans have a gun called Stooker Concussion Rifle. Treat as a Force Rifle on page 129 of Ultra tech. This gun can not be parried by a lightsaber.

Conventional weapons are allowed. Gas powered air guns are allowed. Electro magnetic Guns are allowed, but they are rare, because they are old. Also most armor at this time can stop electromagnetic weapons. Gyrocs and Missile launchers are allowed.

Any other weapons and gear must come from the Ultra tech book and be TL11 or lower. The Galaxy has just been through a war. It is very unlikely that there are higher tech levels.

Cloaking of any kind is not allowed. Cloaking Technology has not yet been miniaturized. Active Camo falls under this as well.

All Gear must be cleared with the GM before it can be used. All gear is subject to approval and might be denied and blocked for any reason.

Note...

Free Agents- Such as bounty hunters and pirates. IF you choose to be a Bounty hunter or a Pirate/Smuggler. You will need to identify with one of the groups. Like Boba Fett and the Imperials, and Han Solo with the Rebellion.

No droid players- No IG88's or 4Loms.

No races that would have stayed out of the War, like Hutts, Gammorrens, ETC.

No extinct races- Aka No Sith as a race.

Rare races are allowed with proper back story and Alignment. For example, Chiss are almost Imperial exclusive and almost none existent.

Lightsabers are almost exclusively Jedi/Sith only. Most other force wielding groups or cults did not have them. If you have one you will need to explain where you go it from and your training.

If you are untrained on a lightsaber you can not use one. If you attempt to use one, you will be maimed or killed.

Posting rate will be at least every other day. This is going to be strict we need to keep the game moving. If you fail to post in 48 hours i will post for you and give out a warning. If you hit 3 warnings your out.

Also Light sabers are like Force swords but instead of the Armor Divisor of (5) it will be (10).

also no barbarian characters this is starwars people are smart and have technology. I.E. Sand people are not stupid...

Be creative. I have never seen anyone play a hutt before...

Things that will not tolerated...

If/and statments. Choose what your going to do and stick with it. If you post a "if This happens I do this, or If it dosen't I do this," I will ask you to edit it and make up your mind.

Meta Gaming: Things said in OCC do not carry over to IC. If No one tells you something that is said in OCC in IC, your character does not know it. If you act on something you do not know you will be warned. Also if I tell something to someone and not to the others, you can not act on it in any fashion. I will try to help you out by keeping things private that need to be, but it is also up to you to behave yourself. 3 warnings and your out.

God Modding: You do not control other people. IF you try to influence others you will need rolls and the skills to do so. You control your self and no one else. Not even the NPCs or the Gm characters.

Purposeful drama: We are all here to have fun and enjoy each other. Lets try to cooperate and work together. Lets try to resolve conflict with each other civilly and with respect.

Tell me what you think?

Last edited by DarkForce; 03-07-2013 at 12:35 AM.
DarkForce is offline   Reply With Quote