Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 04-08-2016, 07:25 AM   #21
Fred Brackin

Default Re: [Magic]Brewing Potions

Quote:
Originally Posted by evileeyore View Post
Is there something bigger (besides Area spells)? I reached for Rez as it's the one spell I'm confident I've never seen a PC cast ever. Or even think about casting.
Very early D&D had a potion of Wishing. It actually may have been an Oil and/or a powder.

Anyway, on that basis a Potion of Great Wish is conceivable and while the 200 hours would be a problem in most cases a successful Perpetual Awaken Machine could probably handle it..

Incidentally, I have seen Resurrection cast in game though Great wish ahs only been done off-screen.

Note that I am not advocating for either scc's "Potion" mechanics or the Perpetual Awaken Machine. I think a more conventional Enchantment process and costs would avoid issues that both have. In particular the "putting energy into it by the hour" thing which is how many people have wished their characters could do Enchantments but which has never been legal RAW.
Old 04-08-2016, 09:27 AM   #22
evileeyore
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by scc View Post
No, but the FP you lose to lost sleep can't be recovered by anything else but sleep. Think LFP from AtE except tracking what caused you to gain them
Yes... but nothing states the 1 FP cost to the target from Awaken is from lost sleep.

Regardless, Fred's use of Vigil makes this moot. Taking a mere 30 hours to brew a Potion of Resurrection is whacky.
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 09:32 AM   #23
evileeyore
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Brackin View Post
I think a more conventional Enchantment process and costs would avoid issues that both have. In particular the "putting energy into it by the hour" thing which is how many people have wished their characters could do Enchantments but which has never been legal RAW.
Agreed. I think a "work in progress" Enchanting process could be shaken out here and would fit this just fine.
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alchemy, magic, potions