Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 08-13-2018, 09:59 AM   #11
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Default Re: Warehouse 23 - ogre mini set 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAmishStig View Post
Don't you ever sleep?
At times, yes.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 10:46 AM   #12
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
By crafting the Ogre projects as "choose this reward, get these things, no add-ons," we can avoid the issue of having too much excess inventory. With Set 1 -- where we offered add-ons -- we found that we had to produce some of the add-on items even though there was little actual demand. We're looking to avoid that problem again.
It was made clear at the time that there would be no add-ons, and that was a fine decision both for you and for us who got more minis per dollar.

What I don't recall ever being stated until after the fact was that there would be no opportunity to increase pledge levels after the campaign and that there would be precious little stock left afterwards. That was a fine decision on your part, but the cruel and harsh part was not informing the rest of us beforehand.
Old 08-13-2018, 11:27 AM   #13
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat View Post
What I don't recall ever being stated until after the fact was that there would be no opportunity to increase pledge levels after the campaign and that there would be precious little stock left afterwards.
Once the inventory arrives in Austin, we'll review what remains and announce any items that we may post for sale online. http://www.warehouse23.com/products?...D=558398555-sb

We try to be sure to mention when a pledge manager will be used, usually in the shipping info. On The Fantasy Trip -- https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ol-roleplaying -- there's an entire section about BackerKit and shipping.

If we do not offer add-ons during a project, the chance is high that we will not use a pledge manager. They're only necessary when a project includes add-on items.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 03:32 PM   #14
sparky00

Quote:
We may have a few Many Minis boxes to post on Warehouse 23 (a very few). If we do, we'll likely list those at the more realistic $150 instead of the ridiculous deal that was offered during the Kickstarter project.
i'm not so sure I'd go so far as to call it a "ridiculous" deal. "Excellent" deal comes to mind. "Crazy" deal, if a little sales hyperbole is thrown in, or the eminently reasonable "outstanding value for money" deal.

$150 I would describe as a very fair deal.

Hope to have a chance to make that deal.
sparky00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 01:44 PM   #15
dwalend

Quote:
By crafting the Ogre projects as "choose this reward, get these things, no add-ons," we can avoid the issue of having too much excess inventory. With Set 1 -- where we offered add-ons -- we found that we had to produce some of the add-on items even though there was little actual demand. We're looking to avoid that problem again.
The flip side of that is that we customers have to trade around to get what we want. I'd rather take on that chore than pay more or get fewer (or get none).

That said, so far trading has been a complete bust. I've had one serious offer that someone else scooped. Otherwise, it's been me listening to crickets at http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=159059 . ( I closed one trade tonight. )

Is the trading just happening elsewhere?

Last edited by dwalend; 08-14-2018 at 09:14 PM.
dwalend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 05:31 PM   #16
Mack_JB

After a KS ships, I always check eBay for folks selling their content. There are people who just buy KS games expressly to sell them. I snagged extra black units (2 Mk. IVs, 1 Fencers, and 16 HVY) that way, as well as a complete Battle Box.
Mack_JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 06:03 PM   #17
ColBosch

I was going to buy that Battle Box. :D
ColBosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 10:12 PM   #18
wolf90

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColBosch View Post
I was going to buy that Battle Box. :D
Good news! I just happen to know where you can find one . . .

<grin>

D.
Proud sponsor of Ogre KS $4.5k Sheet #3 - Bringing the Vatican Guard, a Tiger-striped mercenary unit, and of course pink GEVs, to a game near you! Orders may be placed here.
wolf90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 06:17 PM   #19
Mallen the dark

So ebay is my only hope. Sorry to hear that. While I think that kickstarter is good for funding, I never seem to have funds to spare when you are running one.
Mallen the dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 07:26 PM   #20
ColBosch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallen the dark View Post
So ebay is my only hope. Sorry to hear that. While I think that kickstarter is good for funding, I never seem to have funds to spare when you are running one.
Huh? The Battle Box and Many Minis (which includes the Battle Box) are both available for preorder on Warehouse 23. That was where wolf90's link was leading to. Here:

http://www.warehouse23.com/products/...res-many-minis ($149.95)
http://www.warehouse23.com/products/ogre-battle-box ($79.95)
ColBosch is offline   Reply With Quote