Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Warehouse 23 > Warehouse 23 Digital

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2018, 01:04 PM   #111
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

Default Re: The 2018 Digital Release Speculation Thread

I have non-insider "stretch goal" hopes, shall we say. O;>
Old 08-16-2018, 09:05 PM   #112
Refplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turhan's Bey Company View Post
Certainly, I'd like SJ Games's experiments to go well. In this particular case, there might even be a plausible hope that it could prove to be a net positive for the bottom line, though I don't think it's going to have a revolutionary effect on anything. More like continuing to preach to the converted, but in a slightly bigger church.
Yeah, my greatest hope is not for the actual material so much as the increased visibility and word of mouth. We need to offset the lack of visibility from missing physical product. Wish the gaming stores were doing better but we need to adapt to the new markets.
Congrats on your new release today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel Beth View Post
I have non-insider "stretch goal" hopes, shall we say. O;>
For TFT, GURPS, or (dare we get Robs hopes up) InNominae?
Mooks Thoughts
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Old 08-18-2018, 11:22 PM   #113
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

I have no inside information at all in this matter, and am in the same boat as anyone else who frequents that sub-forum here, so no one get their hopes up from anything I say. (Could be licensing details that I never had to worry about, for instance, that'd put the kibosh on my own crossed fingers from the get-go.)
Old 08-22-2018, 10:09 AM   #114
OldSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
For TFT, GURPS, or (dare we get Robs hopes up) InNominae?
Oh yes, a 4th edition "In Nomine" sourcebook would be really great, I'd immediately buy it! :)

(at least if it is a "real" autonomous one which can be used directly, along with the Basic Set. Just an 4e pdf update used in combination with the 3e book is still ok anyway, but that is always a bit unhandy and of course not very attractive for new players...)

Last edited by OldSam; 08-22-2018 at 10:13 AM.
Old 08-22-2018, 12:51 PM   #115
Refplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSam View Post
Oh yes, a 4th edition "In Nomine" sourcebook would be really great, I'd immediately buy it! :)

(at least if it is a "real" autonomous one which can be used directly, along with the Basic Set. Just an 4e pdf update used in combination with the 3e book is still ok anyway, but that is always a bit unhandy and of course not very attractive for new players...)
What about one that did not require the Third edition but was designed to work with regular InNominae material for background and story ideas?
In other words it has all the rules and stats for the setting in GURPS terms but only a chapter or so on the background material?
My GURPS Wiki entries
Old 08-22-2018, 04:37 PM   #116
OldSam

Quote:
What about one that did not require the Third edition but was designed to work with regular InNominae material for background and story ideas?
In other words it has all the rules and stats for the setting in GURPS terms but only a chapter or so on the background material?
Well, I think that would be a fairly well approach, too! I'd buy it... ;)
In that case I'd say it still has some appeal to new players, for older hands already owning the previous material it may be very attractive... If such a book would be released, I'd definitely recommend making the 3e pdf background material accessible and affordable (low price), that could very well balance things out for a lot of people...
Old 08-23-2018, 11:52 AM   #117
Refplace

While we wait for today's potential release Hall of Judgement is up on W23 http://www.warehouse23.com/products/...ll-of-judgment
Changed the entry on the spec thread.
My GURPS Wiki entries
Old 08-30-2018, 03:58 PM   #118
Refplace

GURPS News has been updated. Because its Thursday and Thursdays are good.
More OnDemand titles and more stuff on DriveThrough RPG, hope both are not only generating money but buzz as well.
TFT blew it out of the park with its Kickstarter and I think that will help GURPS next year, what do you think?
This is a spec thread after all :)

No new products or hints announced but the lead playtester calls are interesting.
Besides the SteamPunk call that went out on the forums we have lead playtesters for Kelly Pedersen's Social Engineering item and Bill Stoddard's High Tech Item.
A request was put out for lead playtesters for Rory Fansler's Powers item and Christopher Rice's Monster Hunters item. Hopefully people submit requests right away!
My GURPS Wiki entries
Old 08-30-2018, 04:05 PM   #119
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

For what it's worth: Hall of Judgment physical copies are starting to arrive for those that are not in the USA. The UK deliveries are happening pronto (several have posted pictures), and I expect that by the time the bulk of the work arrives in the USA, the EU contingent will have theirs in hand as well.

I expect to get the books in the USA in a few days, and then I'll do postage, compile orders, and get those out. I hope that except for a few outliers, all books will be in hand by mid-Sept.

If you missed the Kickstarter, HoJ as a PDF is available from my website and from W23, and there are roughly 100 surplus physical copies that will be available as well. If velocity looks good for post-release sales, I'll reprint...
Old 08-30-2018, 04:40 PM   #120
Turhan's Bey Company
Aluminated

Location: East of the moon, west of the stars, close to buses and shopping

Quote:
TFT blew it out of the park with its Kickstarter and I think that will help GURPS next year, what do you think?
I don't think it'll have any effect, any more than the immense success of Munchkin or the huge Ogre Kickstarter have had any meaningful effect on GURPS. Different product, different community, different needs, and all that sort of thing.

That said, after being so heavily focused on dungeon crawling for so long (which, yes, I've totally been a part of and depending on the the Pyramid Dungeon Collection goes may continue to be a part of), it's nice to see a slate of generic and other-genre works coming up for GURPS. I'm particularly interested in seeing Phil's new steampunk works.

Buy my Warehouse 23 stuff, dammit!
Closed Thread