Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 08-22-2018, 12:59 PM   #111
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Default Re: Hall of Judgment for the DFRPG: Now LIVE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiccoloSanGiovanni View Post
Looks like I just missed the Kickstarter. :-( Will the PDF be available for purchase outside of Kickstarter?
Absolutely. Hardcopies too, if you desire.

Are you in the USA, or are you out of the normal reach of the USPS? The reason I ask is that the books are basically done at the printer today, and they will be zipped over to the fulfillment center Real Soon Now. If you're in the USA, there's no hurry. If you're interested in PDF-only, there's no hurry.

If you want a hardcopy, and want to take advantage of the better shipping rates that are available due to shipping from the UK. $6 to the UK/US, $9 to the EU, $12 "everywhere else."

If this is you, email me at gamingballisticllc@gmail.com and we'll get you sorted. But do it fast!
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 06:45 AM   #112
DouglasCole

I was informed this morning that all 500 copies finished at the printer and were mailed to fulfillment on Wed Aug 22 (two days ago!). I expect that my partner in the UK will start doing their thing anywhere between yesterday and Monday. International backers will thus start seeing their stuff that following week (Aug 27-31), and even Australia should be 5-7 working days from that point.

For the USA, I expect (?) that I'll get my boxes of books late next week. If that's the case, I can print labels and package shipments over the Labor Day weekend when I'm not out at the MN Ren Fest dressed as a viking, and then folks should see books-in-hand by mid-September.
Old 08-24-2018, 09:03 AM   #113
DouglasCole

Ubiratan of Octopus Carnival reviews the new adventure supplement Hall of Judgment (an expansion and rewrite of the older Lost Hall of Tyr) that went on sale yesterday as PDF, written for the Dungeon Fantasy RPG, Powered by GURPS. He says nice things about Hall of Judgment.
Old 08-24-2018, 10:21 AM   #114
johndallman
Night Watchman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasCole View Post
I expect that my partner in the UK will start doing their thing anywhere between yesterday and Monday.
I hope he's started, because Monday is a public holiday in the UK.
johndallman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 10:29 AM   #115
DouglasCole

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndallman View Post
I hope he's started, because Monday is a public holiday in the UK.
That was mentioned in one of his correspondences; he may in fact be on holiday until Tuesday, which sets the timeline back all of a single day.

There are only about 100-150 books going out to individuals. Prior conversation had put this into a single day's work to get 'em all packed up and dropped into the mail. So with a "5-7 business day" usual timing for Royal Mail to "most places," I still think that "end of first week in September" is going to prove accurate.

Frankly, I'm more obsessed with how the remainder of the books, which I suspect will be about 34 books per box times about 10-12 boxes will get to me in the states. They're going air mail, which is spendy but fast, and offset by a more than 3x cost reduction in the import fees. I'm hoping I don't have to arrange for transport from Minneapolis Airport to my house, but even if I do, I may well be able to simply DRIVE there and get 'em myself.

So it's all happening, even if some parts are going to be a learning experience for me.
Old 08-25-2018, 09:36 AM   #116
Celjabba

Just finally got the time to sit, download the files and open them.

"Superb" is the first reaction.
Make me wish I had chosen to get a physical copy too.

The pre-gen template, in particular, are striking.

Content wise, I just started reading, but it is as good as it look !

Congratulations and thanks !
Celjabba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 10:04 AM   #117
DouglasCole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celjabba View Post
Just finally got the time to sit, download the files and open them.

"Superb" is the first reaction.
Make me wish I had chosen to get a physical copy too.

The pre-gen template, in particular, are striking.

Content wise, I just started reading, but it is as good as it look !

Congratulations and thanks !
I'm glad you like it! If you are in the USA, it's not to late to get a physical copy. If you're NOT in the USA, time is running out, but if you can contact me at gamingballisticllc at gmail dot com I bet we can work it out.

That's a broad offer, by the way: I probably have until Monday to get a final pick-and-pack list for not-the-USA folks that missed the KS or want a physical copy, and since the books are coming from the UK, it's $6 inside the UK, $9 to the EU, and $12 to "everywhere else," which includes Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.

For US folks, it'll be $6 as well, but since I'll have the inventory, there's no rush.
Old 08-29-2018, 09:38 AM   #118
DouglasCole

Shipping Timing

I received a note from Kixto this morning. They shipped out 107 books via Royal Mail. Start looking for them in the next few days to arrive.

The remainder of the books, about 200kg worth, will head to me via AirMail. I expect 5-7 working days transit time, so end of next week. Possibly earlier, and if that happens, I’ll let folks know. I just spoke with Mark over at Kixto (and as a by-the-by, if you’re printing and shipping from the UK, I recommend them highly), and it’s likely that I’ll pay my invoice in the next 24 hours and the books will hop on a plane in cartons via DHL; this simplifies a great many things. So I’m hopeful.

Shipping Costs

Just for the sake of full disclosure.

International shipping has presently cost me $925 for 107 books; $999 was collected, so the error was in my favor by $0.70 per book on international shipping.

On the domestic side, the jury is still out. It looks like the total cost to bring books from the UK to me to you will wind up being $7.25 per book, or perhaps a bit higher. So I’ll lose about $1.25 per book mailed out. That’s not horrid. I’ve got 300 book mailers arriving Friday, and will be printing postage on a thermal printer. So the longest part of the process will be packing up the books, and I’ve got a plan for that.

Once the shipping is done, I’ll recap the project financials and post a summary of what the viability of such a book would have been had it not had so much pre-work done in the form of Lost Hall of Tyr.
Old 08-29-2018, 02:58 PM   #119
tanksoldier

Bought the pdf version, looks fantastic. Really well done throughout.

Would love to see more adventures in the same setting.
tanksoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 05:32 PM   #120
DouglasCole

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanksoldier View Post
Bought the pdf version, looks fantastic. Really well done throughout.

Would love to see more adventures in the same setting.
I've got at least one planned with real work and playtest done, another sketched, and two other authors interested in writing more. The Dragon Heresy RPG (also by me) goes into more detail on some of the history and setting, but the real expansion will be in the adventures.