Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 10-05-2019, 06:48 PM   #11
thalcos

Default Re: Blog - One Shot Adventures - New Posts

Yes, fixed now! Thanks for the catch.
thalcos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 06:59 PM   #12
thalcos

This month on the blog, I dive into the Steampunk / Swords & Planets genre after being inspired by reading a review of the 1991 PC game, Martian Dreams. Mysteriously stranded on the red planet, the PCs must endure the harsh Martian elements, ward off wild alien beasts, face a megolmaniacal genius, and unravel the mystery that brought them to the red planet.

Check out Martian Awakenings for a ready-to-go GURPS adventure.

The goal of my blog is to make it super easy for GMs to run a single-session GURPS adventure for their friends. All my adventures include pregenerated characters and (usually) fancy handouts. There are more adventures on 1shotadventures, many of which cover some of GURPS' more unusual genres:

Special thanks to the folks on this forum who helped me figuring out Old Bill Finaughty's 4-bore elephant gun!
Old 12-27-2019, 09:56 PM   #13
thalcos

This month on the blog, I travel back to the year 1689 for a swashbuckling, haunted house adventure, Thrusher Manor. When Duke Montmorency and his noble friends were exiled from Versailles to the private Caribbean island of St. Médard, they built themselves an extravagant prison filled with vice and hedonism. Recently, contact with the island has been mysteriously lost, and the PCs are dispatched to discover what has happened to the duke and his guests.

Check out Thrusher Manor for a ready-to-go GURPS Horror adventure.

The goal of my blog is to make it super easy for GMs to run a single-session GURPS adventure for their friends. All my adventures include pregenerated characters and (usually) fancy handouts. There are more adventures on 1shotadventures, many of which cover some of GURPS' more unusual genres:

GURPS Arabian Nights - The Third Hall of Uzrah
GURPS Greece - The Honey Tree of Pelion
GURPS Harry Potter - The Warlock's Tunnel
GURPS Old West Horror - The Black Mine of Teihiihan
GURPS Fantasy - The Cold Bounty
GURPS Horror - The Strange & Sunken Fate of Karl Heinrich
GURPS Imperial Rome / Horror - The Feast of Odoacer
GURPS Steampunk - Martian Awakenings

Enjoy!
Old 12-28-2019, 01:45 AM   #14
Gollum

Hi Thalcos.

Your work is just amazing!

May I put a link to it on my website?
Gollum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 09:06 AM   #15
thalcos

Yes, sure!
Old 12-28-2019, 02:29 PM   #16
Gollum

Thank you very much. It's done.
Gollum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 09:59 AM   #17
thalcos

This month on the blog, I feature a brand new 1930s GURPS Cliffhangers adventure, along with tips on how to write a more thrilling pulp scenario for your players.

In the ready-to-run The Lost Jewels of Eire, the PCs are hot on the trail of the long-lost Irish Crown Jewels, but first they must evade a ruthless gangster kingpin, rescue a Romanian princess, outsmart the Italian secret police, and locate the secret headquarters of a cabal of master thieves!

Enjoy!

-J.C.
Old 03-22-2020, 08:53 PM   #18
thalcos

While dutifully self-quarantining, I found myself reminiscing about the old solo adventures that kept me company and taught me roleplaying all those years ago. Anyone else miss "All in a Night's Work" from earlier GURPS editions? Or, going even further back - who remembers venturing into Bargle's dungeon in the old D&D redbox solo adventure?

This month in my blog, I try to help others - and their kids - pass some time. In that spirit, here's an an old-fashioned GURPS solo adventure. Enjoy!

Beyond the Lost Vale of Madness
Old 03-23-2020, 09:02 AM   #19
pgb

Looks like a fantastic resource - thanks!

Yes, I do miss "All in a Night's work". More specifically, I miss access to it; I had it twice in hard copy - my first copy of Basic Set 3e fell apart from overwork, and I sold my second in transition to 4e. I regret not at least keeping the relevant pages from the first copy...

Is there any legitimate way to get hold of this - for 3e or 4e - short of buying the whole of Basic 3e (again)?

Paul.
pgb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 11:43 AM   #20
thalcos

Sadly, I don't think "All in a Night's Work" is available except in the old 3E book.

I know there was an interview with Steve Jackson himself a few years ago that said that a 4th edition version was near completion or finished, but so far no sign of it.

Tags
adventures, blog, blogs