Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 08-03-2011, 02:58 PM   #1
Ughihadtoregistertopost

Default Clerical Error?

So I have the original munchkin and I was just wondering if this situation is fair:
My friend gets the cleric class and when ever someone plays a "go up a level" "duck of doom" or "Devine intervention" cards he resurrects them regardless of whose turn it is and uses them and ressurects them again and again until he wins and we are all level one. However, he does only resurrect one item per turn like it says on the card but this is annoyingly foolproof unless we discard on top of the card he wants. Also, he discards and picks it up before anyone knows what happened catching us all off guard. Is there some kind of rule for how he can announce it so we have time to react?
Ughihadtoregistertopost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 03:08 PM   #2
bonetm

Default Re: Clerical Error?

Your friend is cheating.

The Cleric card says:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleric Card
When it is time for you to draw cards face-up
So he can only do this when it's time for him to draw cards. It doesn't have to be on his turn, but he must have a legal way to draw cards face-up from the pile he is trying to use Ressurection.
MiB: #1602
bonetm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 03:10 PM   #3
ComBAT

That isn't how the Cleric's ability works.

You can only take the top card of a discard pile if you were going to draw from the appropriate deck face up. Since your friend is not drawing from the treasure deck face up in between turns he is helped during his combat, he cannot draw from the treasure deck face up. There are other cards out there that may allow someone to draw from the treasure deck face up, but I do not know them off them top of my head.

He can resurrect the top discarded door card instead of kicking down the door if he'd like. He can do this because kicking down the door is drawing a door card face up.

Does this make sense?
ComBAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 04:31 PM   #4
Ughihadtoregistertopost

I love you guys right now. This is going to annul almost every win he has. Thank you.
Ughihadtoregistertopost is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
annoying, cheats, clerics, foolproof, original munchkin 1