Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Car Wars

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2019, 02:58 AM   #41
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Default Re: Now On Kickstarter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PresidentTwoeagles View Post
I watched that drag race video without interruption and really sunk into it and I must say I'm really excited about the gameplay.
You will be happy to know that more videos are coming. I saw a new one yesterday that should be posted today or tomorrow, and we'll have even more before the close of the Kickstarter campaign.
Old 12-02-2019, 02:59 AM   #42
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetle496 View Post
I am in at $139 level.
I am 90% I want Miniature Set 2 and Playmat #2.
I think I see where I can add $80 to my pledge.
Important note: You will be short by $5. The add-on prices are listed on the page; Minis Set 2 is a $40 add-on and Playmat #2 is a $45 add-on.
Old 12-02-2019, 07:42 AM   #43
PresidentTwoeagles

Let's see that Miniatures Set #3 BABEEEEEEEE
Old 12-02-2019, 08:46 AM   #44
Racer

McCloud asks if there will be any Motorcycle 'pawns' available to shoot at with later add on , or expansion set ?

He is trying to persuade others in his family to agree to investigating , and favorite aspect of games them hunting Cycle Gangs .

Had a quick flick through these pages & could see anything on cycles . Can not check Facebook at moment , as homebound & off Wi-Fi away from library . Pay-as-I-go spare phone has my FB app on it , but no data allowance to check that way .
Old 12-02-2019, 09:49 AM   #45
Magesmiley

So... as someone who already has one of the high-level pledges (yes... I'm one of those two) and would like to get multiple copies of the game and the various add-ons, is there any way to take advantage of the Cyber-Monday deal short of making another KS account? (I'm essentially thinking of an I want it all again add-on).

Watch your handling and remember to Drive Offensively!
Old 12-02-2019, 10:16 AM   #46
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
McCloud asks if there will be any Motorcycle 'pawns' available to shoot at with later add on , or expansion set ?

He is trying to persuade others in his family to agree to investigating , and favorite aspect of games them hunting Cycle Gangs .

Had a quick flick through these pages & could see anything on cycles . Can not check Facebook at moment , as homebound & off Wi-Fi away from library . Pay-as-I-go spare phone has my FB app on it , but no data allowance to check that way .
There are no cycles at this time. If the Kickstarter project does well, we'll explore cycles in the future.
Old 12-02-2019, 10:22 AM   #47
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magesmiley View Post
So... as someone who already has one of the high-level pledges (yes... I'm one of those two) and would like to get multiple copies of the game and the various add-ons, is there any way to take advantage of the Cyber-Monday deal short of making another KS account? (I'm essentially thinking of an I want it all again add-on).
The Cyber Monday offer is limited to the single reward level.
Old 12-02-2019, 04:42 PM   #48
beetle496

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
You may ask questions here. We'll answer as best we can and as we have time.
Thanks very much.
Quote:
There is no $50 two-player add-on. The only official add-ons are those listed on the page. If the list is updated with new add-on options, we'll announce those in a project update.
Wait, what about spending an extra $51 at the end of the Kickstarter for a two-player version to gift to someone? Will that be an option or not?
Quote:
This [a version without miniatures] will not be an option.
More the pity. I am not a business man, but that seems like a missed opportunity — should you make it to B&N/Target. But that demographic opportunity is years out anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
Important note: You will be short by $5. The add-on prices are listed on the page; Minis Set 2 is a $40 add-on and Playmat #2 is a $45 add-on.
Thanks for catching my math error! But adding money later is no big deal, correct? At the very least, I would need to add shipping cost anyway. Or do I need to increase my pledge now in order to spend it later at the end of the Kickstarter?

Last edited by beetle496; 12-02-2019 at 04:50 PM.
Old 12-02-2019, 04:49 PM   #49
beetle496

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
It's no different than any other leisure activity: if it's something you want to do you need to set aside some time for it. Some aspects of life may make it more difficult, but that's OK. There are things more important than Car Wars!

Hopefully, if you choose to purchase the new game, you will find its more casual nature means you can find time to play. For us, I wonder if making it less of an event to play would make us less likely to get together. Guess that's one way to solve that four player limitation.
Sorry, I didn’t mean to offend. Nothing wrong with 6hrs of straight gaming! It is just if I have that kind of block of time, I would use for an RPG.
Old 12-02-2019, 05:00 PM   #50
beetle496

Thanks for your detailed response Frumious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frumious View Post
See the 2nd tab (Unofficial FAQ) where I pulled out all the replies from the Kickstarter comments - there's a section about games with more than 4 players
That spreadsheet is a great service to the community! Thank you for that. I had actually pulled some numbers from it before you even mentioned it!

Please add a row that totals the savings one gets at the various pledge levels. At the $137/$140 levels, backers do very well with the bonus swag. But I don’t think the $75 level adds any value over the $51 level (with buying the add-ons later)? Can that be right?
Closed Thread