Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 03-08-2018, 09:33 PM   #1
Jim Kane
Banned

Default Experience Point Award Role-Play Examlpe edited-out from orginal TFT?

LEADER:
Game Master?

GM:
I am,.. extraordinarily busy,.. sir.

LEADER:
I just wanted to ask about our Experience Points because we completed the Example Labyrinth, especially for killing that nasty old Troll, you know, for HENCHIOUS, the Brave; KOV, the Wizard; and myself, MELIO GLORIOSUS. When do we get them?

GM:
You don't.

LEADER:
Why not?

GM:
Because you broke the rules.

LEADER:
What rules? We didn't see any rules, did we Henchous?

GM: [angrily]
WRONG SIR! WRONG!
Under section 37B of the contract signed by you and your party, it states quite clearly that ALL Experience Point Awards shall become null and void if - and you can read it for yourself in this photostatic copy - "We, the undersigned, shall forfeit all rights, privileges, and licenses herein and herein contained,"et cetera, et cetera... "Fax mentis, incendium gloria cultum," et cetera, et cetera... Memo bis punitor delicatum! It's all there! Black and white, clear as crystal, plain as day!
KOV stole Fizzy-Lifting Drinks!
He bumped into the ceiling, which now has to be washed and sterilized, so you get...
NOTHING!!!
YOU LOSE! GOOD DAY, SIR!

LEADER:
You're a crook... [furiously] You're a cheat and a swindler...! That's what you are! How can you do a thing like this?! Build up a little Wizard's hopes, and then smash all his dreams to pieces?! [lividly] You're an inhuman monster...!

GM:
I said "GOOD DAY"!!

LEADER:
Come on, Let's get out of here. I'll get even with him if it's the last thing I ever do. If Tollenkar wants a Gobstopper, he'll get one!

;-)

Last edited by Jim Kane; 03-11-2018 at 12:13 AM.
Jim Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 06:54 PM   #2
Jackal

Default Re: Experience Point Award Role-Play Examlpe edited-out from orginal TFT?

I miss Gene Wilder *sniff*
Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote