Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 10-11-2011, 01:41 PM   #1
Vuuk

Default Gurps help

Hi. I'm relevantly new to using gurps and generally the Tabletop RPGing.
Im making a character that is a tree person. Not like an ent or w/e from Lord of the rings. when he turns to his true form his skin becomes bark. and he can manipulate the bark into Striking weapons. and vines can come out of him.
I have Binding and Striking ST. What do I need to have Vine appendages that can attack and stuff?

Also making a character that can make tile like force fields and
Ability to generate psionic body armor that grants superhuman strength and durability

another character is a buffer. Is there anything that can add +2 to allys dice rolls?

Any Idea?

thanks

Im gunna use this forum as a question. thanks everyone c:
Vuuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 02:06 PM   #2
Refplace

Default Re: Gurps help

Pretty much can do everything you described, though some of it may be expensive.
To attack with tree limbs buy them as arms or extra arms if they can attack, grab and manipulate things.
If all they can do is hit people then buy them as strikers.
Damage Resistance has a force field enhancement that can be used for your psionic guy. Also look at Sealed with accessibility only when force field is up.
Force walls that you can walk on? Walk on Air with that as your special effect adding area and usable on others if your friends can use your tiles.
Another way is to buy the wall enhancement on an attack or see if your GM will allow you to just put it on Damage Resistance.

EDit: Forgot the buffer.
Buy afflictions for many of these, usable by others on some powers for other things will work as well. Boost DX rolls? Affliciton DX
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 02:17 PM   #3
Anders

Boost dice rolls? I think that's canonically Visualization with "others only +0%."
Old 10-11-2011, 02:25 PM   #4
Refplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
Boost dice rolls? I think that's canonically Visualization with "others only +0%."
Too many limits on Visualization though.
Unless its a specific roll and you have the time to plan out all the details I prefer the talent or stat affliction. Or Luck on others.
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 02:30 PM   #5
Vuuk

No, it would either add to your damage rolls or hit rolls. That or buff an ally's strength for a turn or two.
Vuuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 02:31 PM   #6
Anders

An affliction that adds Striking ST (for damage) or DX (for hitting only, -X%) is your best bet then.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:04 PM   #7
khorboth

Another option for the buffer is luck with the wishing (+100%) Modifier which allows it to be used on others.
khorboth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 05:49 PM   #8
smurf
Banned

Could be Stretching with a limitation, maybe constriction attack with a limitation.

If they are a permanent feature you could also take inconvient body shape/size too.
smurf is offline   Reply With Quote