Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 01-19-2009, 12:05 PM   #271
BLloyd607502

Default Re: Memorable Quotes.

This exchange occoured between two PCs. The roleplay was a zombie roleplay based about 20 years ater the outbreak and we were part of a squad who went outside the safty of the city into the wastes and scaveneged. They had a long history of serious (IC) fights because the Doctor was a very moral person who always throught of the consequences of his actions, was very anally retentive and tended to speak his mind (loudly) and the other was a Violent Amoral Melee fighting Mavrik nutter who never thought of the consequences.
The two had been sperated from the group (by falling off a building). They were walking back around the building to get to the enterance again, having argued about who's fault it was.
Melee: Peh...God damn Doc...pulling me off the God damn roof. s***head.
Doc: ...
Melee: Hey...a Dead Cat...*Picks it up, inspects it and throws it away*...Hey Doc...*Really disgusting 'Dead Cat Joke'*
Doc: .........You're sick in the head.
M: Hey, anything to keep up spirits. Otherwise we go crazy around here.
D: ...
M: ...Fine, F*** you.
D: ...Hey, *Name of melee*...I think I've gone crazy...
M: ...Why?
D: *Snicker*
M: Why? What!?
D: *Bursts out laughing* Because I see dead people HAHAHAHAHA!!! *Points, a group of about 450 zombies walking towards the building*
M: ...You've got a Sick sense of Humour Doc...
*Both leg it into the building. Doc laughing all the way*
BLloyd607502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 12:26 PM   #272
Kelly Pedersen

Something that came up in our online game a couple of weeks ago:
Brynjar is on the staff of the Icelandic Embassy, and he's talking to the British Ambassador, who our party had saved the week before from a super-villain. Brynjar was trying to hide the fact that he has superpowers, and the following exchange occurred:

Brynjar: "I performed as best I could, sir."
Ambassador: "I should hope so. You were one man working alone, and you outperformed the resources of Great Britain and the United States combined. Yes, I should very much hope that you had performed as best you could. Because if that was an example of anything less than your best, I might wonder why Iceland allows us to retain the illusion of global dominance at all."
Kelly Pedersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 12:28 PM   #273
Icelander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Pedersen
Because if that was an example of anything less than your best, I might wonder why Iceland allows us to retain the illusion of global dominance at all."
It's easier that way.

Didn't someone once said that the greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing everyone he didn't exist?

;)
Old 01-21-2009, 01:37 PM   #274
BLloyd607502

Same Zombie roleplay. They're locked in an underground bunker with 2 NPCs, zomibes packed outside the door slowly breaking through the 4 foot thick steel door by sheer weight of numbers and strength.

Doc: "*Watching them slowly break throught the screen on the door*...oh well, at least I shall die as I have lived, surrounded by Jerkwards and A**Holes...*Looks at everyone else in turn, turns to the NPCs* No offence *Turns to every other player except the melee fighter in turn* No offence..."
GM: OOOC *Points at melee fighters player* "Much offence."
---
(During scavenging in a abandon factory)
PC1: Hey [PC2]...Guess what?
PC2: ...What?
PC1: *Throws a shoe at him* BOOT TO THE HEAD
PC2: HOLY S*** CLEATS!
---
(Quite often, during any arkward break in the conversation for more than 10 seconds during a mission, playing a maverik who doesn't like Anyone.)
PC3: "...I just thought I would take this oppotunity, given by this arkward break in the conversation to mention that I hate you all...not a little bit, a LOT...Just thought you'd want to know for future reference...Seriously, I hate you all..."

Last edited by BLloyd607502; 01-21-2009 at 01:49 PM.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:59 PM   #275
Blood Legend

Same campaign from earlier, my illiterate players happened to learn reading by now...they have so much to learn though. TL3, characters came from a backwater muddy dying incredibly poor farming village. They are currently infiltrating a warehouse at the docks for thieves. Hudson has just entered the first floor of the building after Fargo (npc) killed the lone threat. Wulf is their patron NPC, a powerful wizard who looked after them after their town was destroyed.

GM: There are two doors in this room, one under the stairs, most likely a closet. The other is to your left, it's a tiny room.
Hudson: Ok
GM: Tiny room is tiny though.
Hudson: >_>
Hudson: "Fargo, watch the stairs. I'll get this door." (Not the closet)
GM: Fargo runs to the stairs, You find inside the strangest contraption you've ever laid eyes on, and that's saying something considered Wulf took you into his home. It has chains and pullies and a seat. And smells terrible. It's also made of porcelian.
Roland: xD
Hudson: ...
Hudson: great
Hudson: the thieves are into kinky sex
GM/Roland: it's a toilet you doof/boob!
Roland: xD
Hudson: Oh
GM: xD
Hudson: well
GM: AHAHAHAHAHA
Hudson: you know where my mind is then

Game had to stop for a few minutes.

"This is the sort of relatively small error that destroys planetary probes." ~Bruno

Last edited by Blood Legend; 01-27-2009 at 10:48 PM.
Blood Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:49 PM   #276
Koshka

Superhero game -- in every fight we've had since a new character joined, said character has been smashed back into something. The other night, we're in battle with the Big Bad of the current story arc. You guessed it, new character (who is a HTH combatant, so he has to go in close) gets backhanded across the room.

In character, the player says "That always happens, I'm fine."
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 05:39 PM   #277
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert
(If you have to ask . . .)

This came up at work today. Keep in mind that these people aren't gamers. Only I am.

MO: I want to be like MG!

MG: Everyone wants to me like me. Even TG.

TG: Huh?

MG: I’m like a Jedi Master . . . TG is like a . . . what is the lowest level of Jedi? Mark, Mark would know.

Mark: Padawan Learner.

MG: Yeah, TG is a Padawan Learner.

MO: So, I’ve got some practice to go.

MG: No, you’re like a Jedi Knight, like Ben. I’m like Yoda!

Mark: Does that make me a Sith Lord? I’m pretty much the opposite of you guys.

MG: Yeah, you’d be Sith. KF is Jar Jar!

Much laughing!

KF: Ah, man, why you gotta be hatin’!

MG2: If they’re Jedi, I’m going to the dark side.

Mark: Yes, come to the Dark Side . . . we have cookies!
Mark Skarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 03:41 PM   #278
BLloyd607502

Another conversation between the Melee and the Doctor. The group had entered a hospital only to find out that it was inhabited by a nest of zombies of a type they had never seen before. To be exact. Flying. Zombie. Babies. A swarm of nearly 350 of them with the same power and abilities as being hit by a swarm of flying razor blades. Everyone panics when our leader is taken down.

Doc(OOOC): Go on [Name of Melee] go fight them, beating small helpless creatures that can't defend themselves is your department down to the T.
Melee (OOOC):(Sarcasticly) Oh Sure, I mean, in my spare time I just wander into the materinity ward back home. I spend all my spare Time Smacking Babies about. You should see the look on their mothers faces.
Doc(OOOC):(Sacrastically grinning and waving at everyone else) Exactly. Get to it then.

Everyone else saw it as this:
Doc(IC): Go on [Name of Melee] go fight them, beating small helpless creatures that can't defend themselves is your department down to the T.
Melee (IC):(Seriously) Oh Sure, I mean, in my spare time I just wander into the materinity ward back home. I spend all my spare Time Smacking Babies about. You should see the look on their mothers faces.
Doc(IC):(Waving at baby swarm) Exactly. Get to it then!
The look on everyone elses faces until we explained it was OOOC was brilliant.
---
On the helicopter back from the mission (Discussing what we should call a new type of Zombie we had discovered which was a giant organism made of lots of Zombies that had melded together and Grown tentacles. Think of the Gravemind off Halo)
Doc: How about Gravemind?
PC2: Nah...Not a good description. It doesn't lead them or anything.
PC3: How about Peepers, 'cause of those huge Eye stalks it had?
Melee: No...Peepers? Why don't you just call them Eyeballs or something if you're going to be stupid.
PC2(Naive): What about Zombie Squids?
Everyone else:...No...
PC2: Why not?
Doc: No...
Melee: Hmm...What about Floaters...you know after that old game...umm...command and Conquer: Tiberium Sun The creatures from that?
Doc: Nah...
*5 minutes of Discussion later with the Doc Totally silent throughout*
Doc: *Huge Grin onhis face*...What about Overfiends?
Everyone else: ...What?
PC2 (OOOC): *Snicker*...(IC) Well it's your choice...
Doc: Overfiends it is.
Everyone else (OOOC): Why? What's that got to do with these things?
Doc (OOOC): Well when you get home. Look up and watch Legend of the Overfiend. You'll get it *Big Grin* Never watched it myself but [PC2] told me about it...Apparently, it's Hilarious.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:39 AM   #279
Koshka

Star Hero game. We're in a situation where we couldn't carry any tech gear with us, but one of our PCs got an exemption for his cybernetic radio implant because, well, he couldn't exactly unplug it.

We've been getting Mr Radio Implant to relay messages to and from our spaceship and the rest of the crew, but something comes up where the captain (an NPC) needs to give an override code to the ship's AI ... and it has to be in his voice.

GM (IC as the captain): Can you loan me that radio?
Player 1 (IC): Sorry, it's an implanted throat mike.
Me (OOC): Why do I have a mental image of the captain holding his (pointing at Player 1) mouth open and yelling into it?
GM (OOC): ::laughing:: I was thinking the same thing!
Player 2 (OOC, pretending to be the AI): Captain, we're having communications problems, can you get closer to the mike?
GM: NO!
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:44 PM   #280
Blood Legend

P1: I've killed people for less!
NPC: Well then why dont you go ahead and shoot m-*BLAM*

"This is the sort of relatively small error that destroys planetary probes." ~Bruno
Blood Legend is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
actual play, funny