Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Traveller

Old 04-10-2012, 08:41 PM   #1
hal

Default Wayfarer for use with GURPS TRAVELLER

Hello Folks,
How many people might be interested in trying to stat out the WAYFARER from FUTURE ARMADA?

The reason I ask, is because i did the usual "square counting" routine where each square is roughly 250 cubic feet of volume on the presumption that a 5 x 5 x 10 dimension is standard for the deck plan maps.

Seeing as I only have four of the deck plans myself, the WAYFARER being one of them, I thought I'd take a print out of both the deck plan and the three views of the craft and try to figure out the volumes involved. Oddly enough, the Wayfarer comes rather close to the 100 dtons value for a scout ship.

When I get the chance, I'll list my findings in my next post (probably about 24 hours from now). That is - if anyone is interested. One of the big things I should have realized was that the rear section of the ship, which is roughly 5 squares wide in the middle, also has the issue of having a measurable height of about 22' (think of it as a cylinder that has had the bottom side and the top side sliced off with parallel planes). So a region that measured a total of say, 31 squares, in reality, would have been measured as 5 x 5 x 22 (less the thickness of the hull to be sure) instead of 5 x 5 x 10 as initially supposed.

Then I took the time to measure the "pods" hanging under the wing (well, they're not really wing structure areas, but they are rectangular to the point where it measures some 20 x 8 x 24 (if I recall correctly - I left my notes elsewhere dang it!) So this times two plus the missile pods, plus the area adjacent to the beam weaponry (fixed mounts), plus the approximate volume of the fusalage, all make the vessel's volume come out to close to 100 dtons. Nifty eh? :)

https://www.worldanvil.com/w/scourge-of-shards-schpdx

Go to bottom of page to see lectures 1-11
hal is offline   Reply With Quote