Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2018, 09:22 PM   #141
hcobb

Default Re: PDF Errata

Two Weapons skill ITL p41 "(b) make a normal attack with one weapon and parry with the other. The second weapon acts as a shield to stop 2 points of damage from each attack."

Lacks these restrictions on what sort of attacks can be parried from page 111: "The left-hand dagger, or main-gauche, acts as a shield to parry 1 hit per attack, from non-missile, one-handed weapons
only, from your front hexes." (What is the damage done by the main-gauche? Is it an ordinary dagger? If so why does it weigh so much more?)

ITL p.83 "A vampire has DX 4 by daylight" (DX -4 rather than AdjDX set to 4?)
"make a reaction roll every 6 turns, and on a 6 he attacks." (Shouldn't that be a 1? Isn't a roll of 6 a very good reaction as per page 7? Werewolves are driven to attack tasty Halflings?)

ITL p148 "Dagger ... less effective if you don’t buy Knife skill.", however on page 109 Dagger is listed under Swords and nothing is listed under Knives.

ITL p114 uses the term "Dagger Marksmanship" twice. I suspect this is a reference to "Dagger, Sha-Ken, or Whip" on page 120

Last edited by hcobb; 09-28-2018 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Nothing uses the Knife skill.
Old 09-26-2018, 09:30 PM   #142
larsdangly

ITL 22: The explanation of Reveal/Conceal spell includes a discussion of Analyze Magic. In that discussion, it sounds a if Analyze Magic is cast by rolling vs. IQ. But the A.M. spell description does not say this, and other detection spells are stated to be rolled vs. DX, as for normal spell casting.

ITL p. 24: Not clear whether Drain Strength can give the caster or other recipient reserves of Fatigue ST points exceeding his or her normal ST score. That is, can I jack myself up to a 'reserve' of 40 points or something and then expend them, or can I only use this spell to recover already spent ST?

ITL missile spells: Fireball is given a minimum damage but Magic Fist is not; is that intentional or an omission?

A created wall destroys an image and cannot be cast on a living figure, but what does it do to an illusion?

Is it intentional that Pathfinder is rolled vs. the caster's IQ rather than DX? Same question for Scrying and Duplicate Writing

Also, why is the Pathfinder item described in the spell text? Hopefully I'll find it repeated in the magic items chapter...

Stone Flesh spell should also specify it is does not stack with Diamond Flesh

Does an Explosive Gem count as an item for the Rule of Five?

Astral Projection says you can bring no objects, magical or mundane, but also says you are dressed and armed as normal.

How does Drain Strength cast by an Astral caster on a non astral being, given that costs are tripled? Do you have to drain 15 points per point gained?

Last edited by Andrew Hackard; 09-27-2018 at 05:36 AM.
Old 09-27-2018, 05:32 AM   #143
Flavius Marcellus

ITL page 87. Under the description of fire elementals line 7 refers to a fire hex which bums for 12 turns

Page 90. Under Draft Animals line 3 says roes are used to take moderate loads

Page 91 Line 1 but can also stoop like a hawk

Page 93 under Slinkers Line 9 a chance to kill the stinker before it can run away

Last edited by Flavius Marcellus; 09-27-2018 at 06:21 AM.
Old 09-27-2018, 05:40 AM   #144
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

A request: instead of making a whole lot of little posts, one right after another, just consolidate your comments into a single BIG post (or, if you find things after you hit submit, go in and edit them into the prior post). It will keep the thread from paginating so often and one big post takes up a lot less screen than half a dozen smaller ones.

Also, please remember: this thread is not for commentary. Errata, mistakes, possible oversights, all are fine. "I really liked how you did this" and its close cousin, "I would have done this differently," no. Make a new thread to discuss those or camp on one of the already-extant discussions in this forum.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Old 09-27-2018, 09:28 AM   #145
CreakyCroaky

ITL p 15 - Strength governs: how much damage a fighter can take.
ERROR? Not just a "fighter". Any "figure" or "character".
[note, however, that the next point - how many spells a wizard can cast - is probably ok, even though, technically, a non-wizard can learn a spell and cast it]

ITL p 35 - Wizards and Talents - this section neglects to include the penalty for starting wizards buying talents with "IQ points". It only talks about XP.
Compare to p 18 - Heroes and Spells - which includes the "IQ points on creation" and "XP afterward" penalties.

ITL p 11 - Glossary - the terms Spell and Talent both state "bought with character points" but the term "character point" is only used in 4 places in the whole document (twice here, the 3rd in the Index, and the 4th as the title of "Character Point Totals" on p 16). Perhaps "IQ points or XP"?

ITL p 47 - Losing Abilities When Attributes Are Reduced:
There is an example here "a Fencer whose DX is reduced below 12..."
As was pointed out previously, on p 40 the Fencing talent has contradictory statements about whether its prereq is DX 12 or 13.
If Fencing's prereq is DX13, then the text here, on p 47, must be adjusted to reflect that.

ITL p 47 - Losing Abilities When Attributes are Reduced:
I wonder if it's worth pointing out explicitly: if my IQ permanently drops from 13 to 12, I "lose" ALL my IQ 13 spells and talents in one fell swoop.

ITL p 48 - Monsters and Beasts - refers to section "Flora and Fauna"
ERROR: this is not the name of any section in the book. I suspect it's now "The Creatures of Cidri"
ITL p 130 - Mounted Combat - same error

ITL p 67 - sentence underneath the Equipment Table: states "See the Weapon Table and Armor Table"
ERROR: there is not an Armor Table (rather, it's part of the Weapon Table)
ITL p 103 - Movement - 3rd paragraph: states "see the Armor Table" - same error
Aside: there is an entry for Weapon Table in the Index. There is no entry for Armor Table.

ITL p 67 - Equipment Table - last sentence (bottom of right-hand column): "see... Jobs on p. 58" should be "p. 57" (p 58 is the table of jobs, but the section itself starts on p 57)

ITL p 71 - Tunneling - In this whole section, "hex" is used without specifying whether it's Melee-scale or tunnel/labyrinth-map-scale (and I think it swaps between the two).

ITL p 71 - Tunneling - top of right column - MISSING TEXT:
"Width of tunnel dug is determined by the number of "narrow tunnel" (one hex wide...) at a rate calculated as below, or..."
I'm afraid this sentence doesn't make sense. I suspect some text has been left out accidentally? Perhaps after "the number of..." ?
Old 09-27-2018, 09:40 AM   #146
bactram1

ITL p. 41 Two Weapons
The Fencing talent includes Two Weapons, but only for the Rapier and Main Gauche. So the wording should say "If you have the Fencing talent, but not explicitly Two Weapons, you must use either two rapiers or a rapier and a main gauche"
Old 09-27-2018, 09:50 AM   #147
Chris Goodwin

ITL, p. 126, Taking Prisoners: "...any hits he takes which would drive his ST below 1 are simply not counted."

Should be "ST below 0".

I've started a subreddit for discussion of INWO and Illuminati. Check it out!
Old 09-27-2018, 10:17 AM   #148
CreakyCroaky

To squeeze the metric system out of ITL:
p 146 - Gunpowder - "20 grams dragons' dung"
p 146 - Simple Poison - "half-kilo of Am Bush twigs"
p 147 - Telekinesis - "5 kilos elves' toenails ($32/kilo)"
already reported: 3 occurrences of "km"

ITL p 48 - Doors and Traps - "The rules for designing doors and traps are given on p. 70"
ERROR: the section on Doors starts on p 70, but the section on Traps starts on p 71.
ERROR? - the section on Traps definitely includes rules for designing traps; the section on Doors does not really have explicitly-stated "rules" for designing doors, so people turning from p 48 to p 70 to learn how to design a door for their dungeon may be disappointed... (but it's probably not worth "fixing" - the info is there, just not laid out as explicitly as for traps)

ITL p 58 - table of jobs - first entry: unskilled/farmhand/etc.
ERROR: the word "None" appears (accidentally) in the same column as the job title AND the word "None" is missing from the (blank) Risk column.

ITL p 58 - table of jobs - Armsmaster:
CONFUSING: do you mean "at least 6 weapon and/or UC skills" or "at least 6 weapon skills and UC I" ?
ALSO: in the Pay column, "10 x No. of weapon" probably should be "10 x No. of weapon skills" or perhaps (copying from Entertainer) "No. of given talents"

ITL p 125 - the title "Gunpowder Bombs" should be italicized

ITL - Example of Combat
p 128, Turn 3 - Grabby's "hammer does 1d+1 damage"
p 129, Turn 5 - Grabby rolls 4, double damage. "He rolls a 3, which would normally mean 5 hits damage. It is doubled to 10."
ERROR - wouldn't it normally mean 4 hits damage? So, doubled to 8?

ITL p 148 - The Wizard's Staff - top of the right column: "Drain ST spell" should be "Drain Strength spell" (or am I being too pedantic?)
Old 09-27-2018, 10:52 AM   #149
CreakyCroaky

ITL p 75 & 76 - Example of Map Narration
Because of the new method described for giving Experience Points, the following sentences now feel out of place (too "old school"?) and you might want to rethink them:
* "The thief gets no experience points, because that was an easy roll."
* "Thief, you put in the deathblow; you get 5 experience points."
* "Let me kill the slime. I want the experience."
* "You get 30 experience points." "30? That was a 6-die roll? Wow."

ITL p 57 - Jobs
"A character can earn money, get experience, and get killed..."
ERROR: they can't actually "get experience" via jobs in this edition, can they?
Old 09-27-2018, 11:28 AM   #150
JLV

ITL; Page 90, "Draft Animals," last sentence: Again, we have rules offered for how much weight an animal can carry, and these rules agree with the rules on page 65, but disagree with the rules on page 66. Recommendation: Decide on one set of rules and make sure they are identical everywhere. Also, recommend deleting this sentence since it is simply redundant with the other sections.

ITL, Page 94, "Giant Scorpions," third sentence from the end: states: "Treat a scorpion sting exactly like a giant spider bite (above)." Should read: "Treat a scorpion sting exactly like a giant spider bite (below)." Rationale: The description of a Giant Spider's poison is in the next entry, not the previous one.

ITL; Page 95, "Giant Lizards": No information on damage or armor is provided for the Giant Lizard entry.

Last edited by JLV; 09-27-2018 at 11:55 AM.
Closed Thread