Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 09-01-2012, 11:00 PM   #101
Epic Kobold

Default Re: [GURPS DF] Welcome to Hell IC - Group #2 -- Verisimilitude ho!

DX-4 @ 13 (3d6=10)
HT-2 @ 10 (3d6=10)

Scurra has a full waterskin (one gallon) and is willing to share.

"I'm sure you boys are thirsty as hell, but drink sparingly, what doesn't save us now we can trade later.Can you imagine what a hell-made knife would be like?"
Old 09-01-2012, 11:54 PM   #102
ZmbeHntr

OOC: HT-4 Roll = 9; Roll 10.

Erion has a canteen in his pack, but that is all the water he is carrying.
ZmbeHntr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 03:25 AM   #103
Harry O'Gane

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErhnamDJ View Post
Scurra loses 2 FP from the walking and the heat.

Elmaeth and Erion each lose 4 FP.

Elmaeth is stepping over a particularly precarious crack in the ground when the picture frame containing his mother's face appears in front of him. He trips, scraping his knee (1 damage, prevented by his leather pants) and plunging his right hand into the lava (5 damage, 2 of which is prevented by his leather gloves--remove that glove from your inventory).
"Ow, what the"... Elmaeth says when his mother appears

"HOLY CRAP OW F**K S**T AAAARGH THIS FRIGGIN HURTS, ARGH!!!" he says upon falling into lava, ditching one of his gloves and quickly bandaging his hand.

(OOC: First Aid (3d6=11), barely made it.)

"Mother, a QUIET MESSAGE sent into my mind before you appear before me out of friggin NOWHERE would be MORE than AMAZING! What is it that you need now, mother?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErhnamDJ View Post
Next half hour. I need more of those Hiking same rolls!

You sure are thirsty! Who has water?
Elmaeth has a full waterskin of water, thankfully.

Hiking roll (3d6=10). Skill 12, you get the modifiers. Health roll (3d6=14), failed by 2. Fml.)

"Gods, it has only been half an hour, and I got ravaged and wounded just by walking. Nasty place, indeed."
Harry O'Gane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:08 PM   #104
ErhnamDJ

I need a HT roll at -6 from Elmaeth.
ErhnamDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:10 PM   #105
ErhnamDJ

Scurra's foot twists off the side of one of the fissures and, before she notices the difference in texture, slips into the lava for a moment. One damage before DR. Her boot sizzles a little before she can kick the lava away, but other than that is no worse for the wear.

After that, everything seems fine as you continue on. The ground changes back into sand. It's not as hot. And up ahead, there's a large structure looming.

"That's the panopticon," Tipsy says. "If we're lucky, their tracks'll still be there."

He continues all the way up to the edge of the structure and walks halfway around it, to where an entrance is blocked by large stone blocks which have been piled up and an insane tangle of iron cables hanging down.

"And we're in luck," Tipsy says, pointing down at the ground, where fresh tracks are still visible.

He leans his cart back against the side of the building and sits underneath it in the shade (which is odd, since there's no sun). "Let me rest for a while. Then we can continue on." He pulls out his little flask of water and downs the rest of it.
Old 09-06-2012, 02:25 PM   #106
Harry O'Gane

"Alright, I got myself pretty messed up in that darn lava. Tipsy, would you happen to have any kind of healing accesories, such as healing potions? I still might have some stuff for trading. Some GOOD stuff."
Old 09-06-2012, 02:28 PM   #107
ErhnamDJ

Tipsy's brother makes a sort of pillow with his hand and leans his head against it, then points at Tipsy.

Tipsy seems to have fallen asleep.

My blog.
Old 09-07-2012, 06:42 PM   #108
ErhnamDJ

A while later, Tipsy wakes with a scream. He looks around, confused. "Sorry," he says. "I ain't been sleepin' too good lately."

He turns around and empties his bladder against the side of the panopticon. "Y'all ready to get going again?"

(I'll say it's been an hour of rest.)

My blog.
Old 09-08-2012, 03:42 AM   #109
Harry O'Gane

"Before we go... Tipsy, would you happen to have any kind of healing accesories, such as healing potions? I almost woke you up last time I asked, so I'm doing it again now that you're fully awake."
Old 09-08-2012, 10:21 PM   #110
ErhnamDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry O'Gane View Post
"Before we go... Tipsy, would you happen to have any kind of healing accesories, such as healing potions? I almost woke you up last time I asked, so I'm doing it again now that you're fully awake."
"Sorry, lad," Tipsy says. He's remarkably less tipsy. "I left all my potions at the monolith. Want us to go back and get one?"

My blog.

Tags
welcome to hell