Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 09-15-2013, 09:51 AM   #11
DangerousThing

Default Re: "Forcefield-like" shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nereidalbel View Post
Ah, I've been looking at Strikers, not using a modifier on Stretching to make a Striker. That's just a bit different from saying Strikers never take damage at all, though.
I'm sorry for being wrong there, but I was repeating something Kromm wrote from memory. I forgot all about the force field stuff, which I should have remembered from his description of an arm of pure force. Again from memory.

I think it's a bit of a hack, but it is official. You might have to search for the actual note. Now that I actually understand this, I can create one of my innate attacks better.
DangerousThing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:04 AM   #12
Ze'Manel Cunha

Quote:
Originally Posted by roguebfl View Post
this is more direct to the striker point
Keep in mind the "gross simplification" part of that explanation, if you are able to aggressively parry a normal striker, or attack it directly like you do a weapon, you can lope it off, the same way you can cut a Scorpion's striker, a Unicorn's horn, a Toad's tongue, etc., just like you can chop someone's weapon.

To be truly indestructible the striker needs force projection, otherwise it's just another body part which can be chopped up like any other mundane weapon.
Ze'Manel Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:16 AM   #13
roguebfl
Dog of Lysdexics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze'Manel Cunha View Post
Keep in mind the "gross simplification" part of that explanation, if you are able to aggressively parry a normal striker, or attack it directly like you do a weapon, you can lope it off, the same way you can cut a Scorpion's striker, a Unicorn's horn, a Toad's tongue, etc., just like you can chop someone's weapon.

To be truly indestructible the striker needs force projection, otherwise it's just another body part which can be chopped up like any other mundane weapon.
Agreed the doesn't take damage part is more an elaboration B88 "you can also use it to parry as if you had a weapon" which exempts you from the varicose hurting yourself for attacking unarmed rules.

Forced Extension would convert if from a mundane shield to force shield
roguebfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:25 AM   #14
the_matrix_walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by roguebfl View Post
this is more direct to the striker point

however more directly on the topic this thread might be of some help: Building Powers: Mystic Shield
I love the Mystic Shield build! I've been thrice rejected from actually using it for a character unfortunately.

I believe there is a Defensive Imbuement... "Widen Shield" that does what you want, and would make a great combo with Mystic Shield. It's printed in Pyramid somewhere....
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
block, enhancement, force field, shield