Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 09-09-2009, 05:00 PM   #1
deinol

Default [CoC] Open Design Project: Red Eye of Azathoth

I'm a patron for Red Eye of Azathoth, one of the new Open Design projects. While the adventure was originally pitched for the Pathfinder RPG, the current poll (which ends the 23rd) has the Call of Cthulhu BRP system in a fairly commanding lead. This is looking to be the first true CoC patronage project! The only problem is, we need more patrons.

For those of you who haven't been involved with a patronage project before, they are a unique way of creating adventures. Patrons interested in a specific project contribute money to help it cover production costs. This includes not just the writing, but professional illustration, editing, and layout. Patrons receive a PDF of the final product, with the option to buy print-on-demand versions at printing cost.

But patronage is more than just pre-ordering a limited edition product. It is also an opportunity to affect a number of decisions about how the adventure is made. You can contribute to brainstorming sessions. You also get to see the development process from start to finish. Even if you don't contribute very much, it is a great experience to watch an adventure be created. If you've never been involved in a project like this, I highly recommend giving it a try.

As you can tell, I'm excited about this project. It looks like it will be a lot of fun, but we need patrons to make it happen!
deinol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 08:16 AM   #2
dar

Default Re: [CoC] Open Design Project: Red Eye of Azathoth

The votes are in and the system is BRP/CoC. Very cool.

Makes me wonder if it would be possible for them to do a GURPS adventure?
dar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cthulhu, open design