Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 12-24-2016, 12:20 PM   #1
Jdot

Default Halfbreed Card With One Race Card

Hi,

I'm looking for clarification on the halfbreed card. Is it possible to play it when you only have one race card?

I saw this from 'RevBob' who said
"You must have one race card in play to play Half-Breed, as the second race is assumed to be Human, which does not require a second race card. You must have one class card in play to play the Super Munchkin card, but you must also play a second class card with that Super Munchkin card, as there are no no-card classes.

(Unlike my contribution to the monstrous footgear discussion, this actually is an official answer. It's not made official due to any authority I have, though; it's just not an ambiguous issue.)"

When I mentioned it to people I was playing with, though, they didn't know what rule he was referencing or anything.

So is it possible to play a halfbreed card when you only have one race card? And where is that in the rules so that I can clearly show it?

Thanks!!!

P.S. Thread previously mentioned: http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=18294
Jdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 04:05 PM   #2
Argendauss

Default Re: Halfbreed Card With One Race Card

So, RevBob was right back then, but his statement wouldn't be right it playing with new cards. See the last replay here
http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=70123

Now both Half-breed and Super Munchkin state on the card that they can work with with one race or class respectively. Second sentence in the card text. Totally depends on when y'all's super munchkin cards were printed, but half breed cards have always said they work with 1 or 2 races afaik.
Argendauss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 07:07 PM   #3
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdot View Post
So is it possible to play a halfbreed card when you only have one race card? And where is that in the rules so that I can clearly show it?
It's printed on the HB card itself, and it's in the more recent printings of the rules under the "Super Munchkin and Half-Breed" subhead.

Please note that the post you quoted was 10 years old; we revised the game in 2010 and rulings older than that may no longer apply to the current version. Always check the date of a post here before treating it as a definitive answer.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 04:57 AM   #4
Jdot

Thanks!

And yeah, since I saw how old the post was, that was another reason why I sought extra confirmation.
Appreciate the quick responses!
Jdot is offline   Reply With Quote