Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 06-29-2010, 03:10 PM   #1
Spydr

Default How Do Steeds Work?

i don't have the 'need for steed' expansion, but i have a steed card from cthulhu 2. it says i can use it as a steed if i'm playing with steed rules or make it a one handed item. i'd rather use the steed rules.
Spydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 03:33 PM   #2
Morne

Default Re: How Do Steeds Work?

A steed is just a new form of equipment, you can only ride one... big rule does not apply to it, only for the sake of a thief not being able to thieve it. Of course with the Trick Riding Boots from the need for steed you can use 2 at a time!
Morne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 03:35 PM   #3
bonetm

You can find the rules here (watch out, it's a pdf, may take a while to load)
MiB: #1602
bonetm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 03:57 PM   #4
Spydr

thanks for the info, though i doubt i'll be going to the pdf, because i have dial-up, and munchkin pdf's take for ever and the bites! pdf froze my computer last time.
Spydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 09:22 PM   #5
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

I just deleted a post with rules text copied from an SJ Games PDF. It does not matter that the intent was benign; you do not have the right to post that text here. (It's the same reason we do not allow card text to be posted on these forums.)

This is an Official Warning to all posters: this is a bannable offense. Don't do it.

I'm sorry that the PDFs tend to choke your system (although the current Munchkin 4 PDF is black and white and not all that large -- it might be worth trying). For that particular Cthulhu card, the only part of the Steed rules that matters is what's already on the card: it's a Big item that doesn't count against your Big items.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 10:48 PM   #6
Captain-Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spydr View Post
i don't have the 'need for steed' expansion, but i have a steed card from cthulhu 2. it says i can use it as a steed if i'm playing with steed rules or make it a one handed item. i'd rather use the steed rules.
Steeds work better with Mrs. Peel than with Tara King, IMHO. ;)
...VVVVVVV
..^^^^^^^

A clock running two hours slow has the correct time zero times a day.
Captain-Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 08:05 AM   #7
Nerftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
I just deleted a post with rules text copied from an SJ Games PDF. It does not matter that the intent was benign; you do not have the right to post that text here. (It's the same reason we do not allow card text to be posted on these forums.)

This is an Official Warning to all posters: this is a bannable offense. Don't do it.

I'm sorry that the PDFs tend to choke your system (although the current Munchkin 4 PDF is black and white and not all that large -- it might be worth trying). For that particular Cthulhu card, the only part of the Steed rules that matters is what's already on the card: it's a Big item that doesn't count against your Big items.
Wow, I'm very sorry. I did not realize that. I will keep that in mind from now on.
Nerftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 12:49 PM   #8
RL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spydr View Post
thanks for the info, though i doubt i'll be going to the pdf, because i have dial-up, and munchkin pdf's take for ever and the bites! pdf froze my computer last time.
Something that works for me is to save the PDF document rather than opening it (using "Save Target As" or "Save Link As" when you right-click on the link). This prevents the Adobe Reader from having hissy fits over a slow connection.

Tags
cthulhu, howto, munchkin cthulhu 2, rules, steed