Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Car Wars

Old 10-31-2021, 12:11 PM   #1
HeatDeath

Default Rules Question - Repeated items on internal damage cards

On the internal damage cards for large games, some of the cards have a repeated line: e.g. "Weapon Limit 1" followed by another "Weapon Limit 1".

Am I allowed to apply the point of damage from the second line to the same weapon I applied the damage point from the first line to, or do they have to be different weapons if possible?

[There are also cards with repeated "Accessory Limit 1" lines for which the same question arises.]
HeatDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 02:39 PM   #2
PresidentTwoeagles

Default Re: Rules Question - Repeated items on internal damage cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatDeath View Post
On the internal damage cards for large games, some of the cards have a repeated line: e.g. "Weapon Limit 1" followed by another "Weapon Limit 1".

Am I allowed to apply the point of damage from the second line to the same weapon I applied the damage point from the first line to, or do they have to be different weapons if possible?

[There are also cards with repeated "Accessory Limit 1" lines for which the same question arises.]
I would say put it on the same weapon if you feel that's the right course of action. I suspect they didn't make it "weapon limit 2" so that most weapons couldn't be taken out in one big hit (but RIP laser weapons)
Old 10-31-2021, 02:55 PM   #3
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:

You get to choose the affected weapon or accessory.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 06:24 AM   #4
Philip Villarreal
Warehouse 23

Quote:

From Sam:

"You can apply each separate point of damage to the same item if you choose. It's broken out as two lines on the card to make it clear that you are not REQUIRED to apply it to the same thing.

Damage card B2, as a counterexample, has "Weapon — limit 2" on it. You must apply the second point of damage to that same weapon in this case."
Philip Villarreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 06:48 PM   #5
NexusGameTheory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Villarreal View Post
From Sam:

"You can apply each separate point of damage to the same item if you choose. It's broken out as two lines on the card to make it clear that you are not REQUIRED to apply it to the same thing.

Damage card B2, as a counterexample, has "Weapon — limit 2" on it. You must apply the second point of damage to that same weapon in this case."
Thanks for adding that! We were doing that wrong! When we saw limit 2 on weapons, we just let each damage point go where they wanted.

Does that also mean, if it hits a weapon that can only take one point of damage. The "extra" point is wasted?
NexusGameTheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 07:29 PM   #6
HeatDeath

I would expect, per normal, that any damage left over from executing a particular line on the internal damage card just flows to the next line, similar to how damage left over from "Opposite Armor - Limit 5" flows down to the next line once the armor is destroyed.
HeatDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 08:34 AM   #7
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
I would expect, per normal, that any damage left over from executing a particular line on the internal damage card just flows to the next line, similar to how damage left over from "Opposite Armor - Limit 5" flows down to the next line once the armor is destroyed.
Yeah, damage keeps applying to items in the sequence on the card. If the power plant is reduced to 0, that car is eliminated and out of the game.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 08:03 AM   #8
Yenaldlooshi

ooops wrong thread and can't find delete

Last edited by Yenaldlooshi; 11-15-2021 at 08:05 AM. Reason: Need to delete
Yenaldlooshi is offline   Reply With Quote