Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 07-28-2018, 09:00 AM   #161
GlennDoren

Default Re: The Fantasy Trip Live on Kickstarter Now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by larsdangly View Post
I know there is some general thought that the game will eventually shift to a default assumption of 28 mm scale miniatures, but that is not what is going to ship (and lots of people will keep using the chits regardless because we like them!). It seems like they need to work well with the changed scale of maps.
Agreed. Let's make sure the counters are scaled appropriately to the hex size for those of us not using minis. And that includes the single hex counters :) I DO agree having the bigger hexes makes sense--better to have a little extra room for manipulating game pieces. But make sure the scale still looks/feels right.
GlennDoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 09:28 AM   #162
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flankspeed View Post
But please, please let us know when we will get a GM Screen!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/2249699
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 09:33 AM   #163
larsdangly

How did I never see the handicaps article before? These are brilliant. You could argue that they drift the game towards GURPS like complexities, but that misses the real point: they are super fun and creative. Love it.
larsdangly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 09:38 AM   #164
Chris Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post

Yes!!! Get in!!!
Chris Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 09:40 AM   #165
Chris Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by larsdangly View Post
How did I never see the handicaps article before? These are brilliant. You could argue that they drift the game towards GURPS like complexities, but that misses the real point: they are super fun and creative. Love it.
I loved those articles. I had a blind Monk with a quarterstaff and a Narcoleptic dwarf. They show the immense flexibility of TFT: all the Colour without the complexity!!
Old 07-28-2018, 09:48 AM   #166
Jim Kane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rice View Post
I loved those articles. I had a blind Monk with a quarterstaff and a Narcoleptic dwarf. They show the immense flexibility of TFT: all the Colour without the complexity!!
Well said!

JK
Jim Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 10:47 AM   #167
larsdangly

There's that catch phrase people were looking for an another thread a couple of days back!
larsdangly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 10:50 AM   #168
pyratejohn

I was looking through old Space Gamers the other day and came across this. "If Metagaming puts out six to eight new micro sized prodcuts, gets computerized order processing installed, and gets out The Fantasy Trip: In The Labyrinth as a boxed game, 1978 will be successful."

Nice to see this finally coming to pass, even if 40 years later.
Old 07-28-2018, 11:20 AM   #169
JLV

Wow! I was down with a power outage since 2PM yesterday, and the progress has been amazing! Good job, people!

(Story: I live in far northern California, and what was a small fire (the Carr Fire, if anyone's interested) blew up from 2000 acres three days ago to over 80,000 acres this morning. As part of that process, it burned down about 500 buildings in the city of Redding (so far) AND burned out the one power plant that served my area (Trinity County) further west. As a result, they switched power delivery from the power plant switching yards to a direct feed from the hydroelectric dam; but, unfortunately, while that had been the back-up plan for over 40 years, it was never tested, and they promptly tripped all the transformers in the system. It took them about 18 hours to get everything reset and new safety locks installed, so we only came back up about an hour and a half ago. And, of course, since California simply doesn't invest in actual infrastructure (or at least, hasn't for about the past 40 years), there's no guarantee we won't lose it all again today... Meanwhile at least three people have died fighting the fire, and damage runs into the hundreds of millions of dollars so far -- with the fire only about 5-10% controlled at this point. Aerial tankers are now dropping fire retardant loads directly on housing areas in Redding. That's how bad it is down there. Sorry for the long digression...)
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 11:26 AM   #170
Chris Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLV View Post
Wow! I was down with a power outage since 2PM yesterday, and the progress has been amazing! Good job, people!

(Story: I live in far northern California, and what was a small fire (the Carr Fire, if anyone's interested) blew up from 2000 acres three days ago to over 80,000 acres this morning. As part of that process, it burned down about 500 buildings in the city of Redding (so far) AND burned out the one power plant that served my area (Trinity County) further west. As a result, they switched power delivery from the power plant switching yards to a direct feed from the hydroelectric dam; but, unfortunately, while that had been the back-up plan for over 40 years, it was never tested, and they promptly tripped all the transformers in the system. It took them about 18 hours to get everything reset and new safety locks installed, so we only came back up about an hour and a half ago. And, of course, since California simply doesn't invest in actual infrastructure (or at least, hasn't for about the past 40 years), there's no guarantee we won't lose it all again today... Meanwhile at least three people have died fighting the fire, and damage runs into the hundreds of millions of dollars so far -- with the fire only about 5-10% controlled at this point. Aerial tankers are now dropping fire retardant loads directly on housing areas in Redding. That's how bad it is down there. Sorry for the long digression...)
Wow! Sympathies going out to you guys in California. We've been having a few persistent wildfires in the UK over the last month due to unusually dry and hot weather, that's very new to us. In the EU, Greece has been particularly badly hit, with many deaths. Keep safe JLV.